Topologies using darlingtons.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes its probly pushing it a bit, ah well...

the pot is a high quality ceremet sealed unit, so should last a while, the pot is the splitter, input goes to the wiper, one end of the res goes to inv opamp, other end of res goes to buffer opamp.
i only put it in to make sure of equal drive, and i had the pot left over from the same idea i had for running parrallel stk chipamps.

see you soon, steve.. ..

Steve, you can actually remove the pot totally. It will be attenuating the signal very slightly (or a lot depending on the value of the pot and input resistors on your op-amps). Of course I'm assuming that you are simply driving a unity-gain buffer and a unity gain inverter... evn so, if you aren't you could convert them to unity gain easy. It really would be a better solution :)

richie00boy, yes i probly could do without the pot, the op amps are matched up to the drop through the pot, ie,, not unity, feedback is by 0.2% resisistors cutout from an old valve radio.

the idea was to set up with the pot then remove it once all the offset measurements had been done, but i never got round to it!!!

Consort, yes there is a small wheeze at power down, its very small and im not worried about damaging anything. when i ran the amps as single ended (not bridged into 6 ohm) they where quieter than a very quiet thing!!
thanks for the links, ill have a good look over the next few days.

see you soon guys, steve.. ..

Here is one schematic.
this one uses TIP130/5 and delivers 30watt into 4 ohms.

Gajanan Phadte

Attachments

• darl.jpg
    darl.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 710
aniceto said:
i'm the owner of a sentec sca1 preamplifier, that is now broken
i'm desperately seeking for the schemas to repair it here (in italy) the ex-distributor can't halp me, and no one seems to have this stuff
can someone help me in any way?

I think you should start a new 3D with the subject:
sentec sca1 preamplifier schematic kindly requested
or something like that.
Maybe someone form Sweden can help you (it is a very popular brand over there).
Excuse me, do you have also the same brand monos amps?
Regards,

bg

aniceto said:
i'm the owner of a sentec sca1 preamplifier, that is now broken

i'm desperately seeking for the schemas to repair it

here (in italy) the ex-distributor can't halp me, and no one seems to have this stuff

can someone help me in any way?

This wellknown audio man
looks like have a lot of SENTEC stuff.
If you email him, he may send you a Sentec SCA1 diagram.
He has got SCA1 owner manual for free PDF download.
http://www.svalander.se/shoppen/sentec.htm

See also some hints by peranders in this post:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=234058#post234058

good luck!

Don S said:
bg, the pass A40 is a great sounding amp that can drive most anything.
On 33V rails it will deliver about 56W @ 8 ohms.
It is simple to construct and easily meet all your needs.
You can look it up at passdiy (dot) com/pdf/a40.pdf
Thanks, Don
Don S said:
Dear Mr Don,

thank you very much for your kind suggestion.
On principle I do not like class A amps very much.
Reading through this forum I understand very good sound can be obtained from more efficient class AB amps as well.
The heat is usually enemy to parts (capacitors in particular) and heatsinks are expensive.
At present I am using a modified (better caps and transformer) little integrated (with darlingtons output pairs).
I like the overall sound but it lacks energy in the bass.
In order to break it in, I connected power resistors (200W/5ohm) to its output.
The amp gets very hot and the resistors stay cold.
A very bad result. I interpret this result as that of a very current limited amp.
This is unfortunate because for me a good current delivery is always a good thing.

Thank you very much anyway for your kind advice and kind regards,

beppe

I was considering a darlington amp , but the cost of a real driver/ OP EF is the same , without the drawbacks. Not saying that a darlington can not sound good (most discrete HT receivers use them with IC front ends).

I have 4 pairs of the MN2488/MP1628 sankens that are free to anyone who wants them. For the circuits seen here they would be superior to the TIP's in every way.
OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.