To Raspberry Pi/BeagleBone Black/CuBox/UDOO owners: RuneAudio is looking for testers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using the beaglebone black in my system..
Hi jambam, nice setup!
What would be great is if Rune is ported to the seagate dockstar/Pogoplug e02 which is already running under arch linux .. The pogoplug E02 w/ built in psu and 4 usb ports , has enough power and ports to attached a usb dac and an external hard and even a wireless dongle.

If I could contribute to making it possible , pls let me know.
We currently have no plans to officially support it in the future, but after the 0.3-beta release we will publish a "cookbook" with all the steps to make a RuneAudio install from scratch. So if you want to contribute you are welcome :)

Hi soundcheck, Cubietruck is in our radar for months but we still don't have a timeline for that. Sadly we currently don't have any samples to work on it.

Thx.

It's not that I couldn't install MPD on my Arch based CT myself. ;) I was just wondering.

I had several ARM boards for testing (also the Udoo) on my desk.
I do currently prefer the Cubitruck board over any other board out there due to several reasons. It's IMO well worth to have a look at it.

Cheers

Just wanted to post about using Rune.

Last night, I installed a Runeaudio image (the alpha one) on a SD card, powered up my Pi, and it made music through the Pi's audio output.

I connected a keyboard and monitor, but I didn't need to. It just needs power and an Ethernet connection. Then, you can connect through a browser, and control from the browser. I was using an iPad for this.

I have a little Access Point that basically converts Ethernet to Wifi, so the Pi thinks it is just connected by Ethernet, but it is really connected wifi to my home network. That makes it easier to connect these types of devices, you don't need to try to make it talk wifi.

I even have my music files on a NAS, and it was easy to connect to the NAS and it found the music no problems.

So thanks for Rune. It made it easy to setup a Pi as a music player.

I plan to try it connected I2S to a DAC in the next few days.

Randy

Hi guys!
Trying Rune Audio now, from previously RaspyFi, Volumio. The same problem remains, which I have read it is due to shared bus between USB and Ethernet.

I keep hearing glitches/crackles/pops continuously when Raspy/Rune Audio plays 96 kHz.
Any files less than 96 is fine. The same USB DAC has no problem playing 24/96 kHz files from a PC/Laptop.

Anyone has any idea on what workaround I can try to solve this? Is there a way to allocate "more bandwidth to USB" instead of Ethernet? The two USB ports are fully utilized for USB DAC and USB Hard Drive. I am not familiar with Archlinux, actually, previously a user of Raspbian. :)

Thanks in advance for the kind help. And also thanks for making Rune Audio available. :)

@jambam and all

I second your request for porting it to Dockstar/Pogoplug/GoflexNet. It would be perfect for running such a Distribution like RuneAudio or Volumio.

I have A Dockstar with a cheap USB-to-Spdif (optical) converter. Running Debian Wheezy on it with mpd and it works like a charm. Really stable it has an uptime of over 100 days.

The Dockstar/Goflex-Net/PogoPlug are much better regarding PowerSupply, Processor and USB Power then the RPI.

Would really be glad if RuneAudio would support Seagate Dockstar/GoflexNet and PogoPlug.

RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi

The same problem remains, which I have read it is due to shared bus between USB and Ethernet.
Hi plgsekip, which version have you tried?
A small update for everyone (sorry if I forgot this thread for some time): we released RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi about two months ago. Although it was meant to be for testing purposes only, after lots of feedback from the community it turned to be a quite stable release. It is also a huge leap forward compared with the previous 0.2-beta.
The 0.3-beta is coming soon, but in the meanwhile I invite you to try the 0.3-alpha and see if it solves your problems with the USB output.

I second your request for porting it to Dockstar/Pogoplug/GoflexNet.
Hi rondadon,
unfortunatly a future porting for these platforms is not in our plans at the moment, as we already have a long list of other more modern platforms to support before.
BUT
We are going to publish a sort of cookbook in our RuneOS repo on GitHub. Anybody interested could follow it and replicate RuneAudio installation to other platforms, contributing to the porting process. If you have some skills with Arch Linux you are welcome for that task :)

Hi plgsekip, which version have you tried?
A small update for everyone (sorry if I forgot this thread for some time): we released RuneAudio 0.3-alpha for Raspberry Pi about two months ago........

Hi Andrea!
It seems the 0.2-beta that I could find from runeaudio.com Thanks for providing the link for 0.3, I was looking for this version actually. :)

I'll let you know the results soon.
Cheers!
--
luq

Hi ACX,

I happened to tryout your RuneAudio for the Pi, and love it!
Would like to say BIG Thank YOU for the dedications/energies/hardworks in the background that you and the team have put together with Rune 0.3-alpha! It works fabulous and I could not wait for the 0.3-Beta to come out, in especially for BBB with Botic Cape or I2S direct!
Subscribing here on! Here is a photos of my setup on Raspberry Pi with Rune Audio 0.3-alpha OS I2S to DAC.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Many thanks again to the Rune team, and ACX!
Chanh

Whoa, can you describe yor setup in detail? What is that kind of tower? :)
Hi ACX,

My setup consist of 11-DDDAC (Doede is the designer) boards in parallel stacking which consist of 22 x 1794A DAC chips. I like the design as it is NOS (None Over Sampling or digital filtering). This particular setup is the first of its kind, since I went on and spent the addition $4k+ on quality parts/components and murerous hours spending for the modifications;
1. All stocks resisters/caps were removed and replaced by AudioNote Tantalum None Magnatic reisters and Elna Silmic II RFS.
2. Separate digital and analog power supply by introduce another RC stage on raw choke input unregulated power supply for global.
3. There are in total 47 Tent Labs Shunt Regulators acting as local regulators and soldered right at the DAC chip.

All in all, I could not be any more satisfied as I was trying to replicate the analog sound of vinyl alike and I think I have it! :)
Your Rune 0.3 has brought it yet to another level between my WaveIO and Rasp PI I2S direct. Now I can't wait for the BBB with Rune OS + I2S + Botic Cape from Twister Pears ( Russ/Miero/Brian team). Amazing thing when Community collaborates together...! :worship::worship::worship:

Here are more photos with WaveIO.
9f24571d349846a0d222f3c4ca2e18e3.jpg

5a051161709d5a18f00a59dd8b8c5442.jpg

329d469eb240cde76d571b547c2b49d8.jpg

Many thanks again!
Chanh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.