• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Potepuh, I will surely do a future SYMASYM-groupbuy, but I would like and wait, until a DIY-friend of mine, Gerhard, has finished his NJW - SYMASYM (the current offer).

Gerhard already owns a TO3-SYMASYM (see the attached picture), and I would like and ask him to "compare the NJW- and TO3 - sound".

I know of course that all transistors sound the same, but in reality there are audible differences (at least in my ears), and I like the "TO3 - PhillySound" very, very much
(have a look on REPHIL's comments on the TO3-SYMASYM sound as well).

I have built a NJW-SYMASYM version some time ago, just out of curiosity (the 2nd attached picture), and felt that it sounded great as well.
I have given it away to a friend of ATUPI, who is very pleased with it.

So: when Gerhard has completed his NJW-build and tells me that the NJW sounds on a par with the TO3-version, I will do a groupbuy for the NJW-version.
I feel very confident that it will.

If not: I will fallback on the TO3-SYMASYM, but will try to do an enhanced layout.

Is this o.k. for you?

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    683.3 KB · Views: 580
  • NJW.jpg
    NJW.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 559
I have built a NJW-SYMASYM version some time ago, just out of curiosity (the 2nd attached picture), and felt that it sounded great as well.

Built one by myself and the amp is great.

When i saw the new design I instantly wanted those boards for a multichanel project because they are compact.