"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made 2 damping panels 60x120 cm and placed on the wall behind speakers (very simply made just to try it) and yes it works. I used 45 mm thick Rockwoll and put some cotton sheets covering it up. I am now thinking of a more permanent installation. Maybe put up a few ribs on the wall and cover it from side to side up to 120 cm from floor. I do not want to cover the whole wall since I got a nice painting on it. What happens? You get more detail and depth, more precision over all, nice!

I started with Pulse B interconnect and traded it in for a slightly used Pulse R interconnect.
One of my friends also have the Pulse X speaker cable (standard not reference). I have also tried the USB cables from cheapest to most expensive and that expensive one was best but I want to try some other ones too. I do not say you should rush out and buy these cables at once, just that they are worth trying and then it is up to you if you like it and can overcome the cost. The big advantage with Pulse R compared to B is a very clean and detailed midrange and treble and very open soundstage, but actually I found the bass a little more pleasing with Pulse B (I hear a slight increase in bass level, I do not know what happens here). I know cables are a sensitive subject so you have to try yourself to know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
I listened to some vinyl at my dealer last night (Roksan Xerxes 20) and it was really very good, and the speakers I heard are interesting (Larsen 8), I will try them when possible.
A good record player is really convincing in sound quality, but the one I heard was not exactly cheep, about 8000 Euro with everything needed included. But what an amazing sound!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

7174520856_d515011d8e.jpg

Well they did sound very good nonetheless. The "shelf" below the woofer is supposed to reduce the floor reflections and they are meant to be placed as close as possible to the wall behind them to integrate with the wall. The extra tweeters I do not know why they are "needed" but I think I have a chance to meet the man responsible at an exhibition soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.