"Tired2way" speaker building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here it is. First picture is before I put up curtains and then after. I see a more even curve, especially over 2000 Hz. The bass peaks at 50/63 Hz is stronger but probably has nothing to do with the curtains. I also did a room measuring analyzing room nodes and I got some very long lasting ones in the bass, but I do not know how to tackle that. But I regard this as a step forward anyway.

Attachments

• sista.jpg
    sista.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 175
  • curtain.jpg
    curtain.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 167
Yes I think I know Salas, it is a bit muddy, unclear bass that I find annoying. My guess is that since it is "smoother" and more focused and detailed in the mid-range and high-range, the bass problems in room sticks out more now since the rest is better. It is harder to get this under control like we all know. I have been trying to find some white damping panels to put on the wall behind speakers to further improve mid-range clarity but only found expensive ones or the wrong color (like the one I already have, does not look vg). I also have been trying to listen for voice focus, when I sit further away from speakers almost aimed directly at me it is focused but singers sound small, when I do the opposite moving forward so I can see more and more of the inside speaker wall it gets pleasantly wide and I also think you better hear the character of voices, but they sound unreal wide.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Those two bands (63HZ and the bar before) look like room modes. We all have a room sound. Striving for perfection takes to either locate in another better room (!), or use bass traps, or distributed subs like Geddes, or manipulate via DSP like with a Lyngdorf DPA-1 pre etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.