Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DVBjunky said:
Some newbie did messed up the GB List - please guys check your orders.....my name and my ordered pcb are deleted and some other values are changed.

That usually happens when there are no more vacant lines and a newb is trying to order. Not everyone can find those pesky || lines. Nevertheless, it is pretty annoying.

@ 360 reg-boards now, not bad at all.

:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good News, NS10 group buy

DVBjunky said:
@ CeToole

Thanks. It would be great and you can take your time.....dont rush....I have time :)

Heck, simulating circuits while listening to some music on my new Piezo headphones, which happen to be older than I am, is much more fun than writing a Comparative Justice term paper. Thus, I present a 5v version of the toolereg, sized for a 50mA load.

discreteshuntreg5v.png

steenoe said:
Colin, did you look into using a LM336-2,5 or LM336-5 for the low voltage versions? There might be some advantage to those and in any case they will be more consistent than different LED's.

I have not really looked at using reference diodes, but no real reason not to. It would give us a bit of consistency, as the current versions will need to have their voltage trimmed in, especially the LED ones. My LED model has a 1.7v forward voltage, and I have seen ones anywhere from 1.5v-2.1v, though consistency between LEDs of the same model is quite a bit better than that. So, all that said, want me to take a look at using a vref IC for these LV regs?

What they hey, lets kick it up to 410 boards for this group buy. I bet you didnt know what you were getting yourself into when you volunteered for this, eh Dennis? I have run a big PCB group buy before, it isnt much fun.

Manu said:
Last version of the Raw supply (take #2)

Manu

:)cop: Mod : could you please delete the pic from my post #514 ... as it is the wrong one ... tnx)
Wait, what? Man, you guys are full of surprises. Trying to control dissipation on the shunt reg input CCS? Dont pre-regulate too close, it works actually a bit better with more voltage drop across the CCS. Of course, that is ripple rejection, and especially with a CLC filter AND a prereg, that really wont be an issue, eh?

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot Tony: feliz cumpleaños, mi amigo.

Reg V2 (Dec 7)

'Evening Manu,
If you are going to expand you "raw" supply into a full regulator, could you add a snubber R-C network next to the inductor across the first capacitor C101 - 1/4 w about 470R and MKC about 4nF and if you have some more room left, add another 10nF across both of these - gets rid of diode ringing that is still present even with the u.fast diodes.

If any more room at output (!) add a Carlos snubber there, too to get rid of the LM3xx device noise.

Then, to top it right off, add a second TO220 and incorporate a Gyrator like the Teddy-Reg and we'll call it the Manic-"Raw"Reg! (just kidding!)

Articles about snubbers can be found at TAA 3/94 (yeah, back then!) by Scott Morovich - and follow up discussisn by Jim hagerman TAA 7/95) and much more since. Snubbers DO makes a big difference to the sound for just 2 (or 3) components when you get it right.

Can also fit a Solen PP to the shunt-Reg board (easy available in Eu) altho have found the Jentzens to sound better than either the Rifa, Wima or Solens, but they all do work okay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.