Threshold NS10 Lineamp PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
luvdunhill said:
you could also add spacing for a 'lytic either Elna Silmic II or Black Gate, or something like Vishay/OS-CON...

Not saying that is my preffered option there but still retaining a 5mm spacing so I think most any lytic could be installed. I might do some testing for lytics when time is available and report my opinion, most sure you will be the first here thou.

Cheers

Hi,
Thanks for hints ...
Better now?

Attachments

• compact shunt reg v 4.3.png
    compact shunt reg v 4.3.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 668
jameshillj said:
Looking good.

I may be able to squeeze the Jantzen PPs on this.

Is that FB a specific component or just "a Bead on a wire loop"?

FB is a plain ferritbead on a loop, as you say.

I think there is just room for a 4,7uF Rifa PHE426 at the output now. I will try those shortly and I think they will be good at that possition. The PHE426's are very low ESR caps.

:)

Good News, NS10 group buy

I have good news from Nelson regarding NS10 saying “No problems with group buys” which I interpret as go ahead with the GB.

Got no answer from Threshold, I think they don’t care much about a small GB on an “outdated design” that most probably will never be produced again.

So, from my point of view this Classic preamp can be reborn as a Clone with updated components and “shunt regulators” to the joy of DIY builders.

On the Wiki I see many saying “2” for the PCB I interpret that they want a couple of boards for a stereo. As I said before, the boards will have two PCB’s, scored for separation, so on the Wiki please express 1 for a stereo set.

Cheers

Re: Good News, NS10 group buy

apassgear said:
I have good news from Nelson regarding NS10 saying �No problems with group buys� which I interpret as go ahead with the GB.

Got no answer from Threshold, I think they don�t care much about a small GB on an �outdated design� that most probably will never be produced again.

So, from my point of view this Classic preamp can be reborn as a Clone with updated components and �shunt regulators� to the joy of DIY builders.

On the Wiki I see many saying �2� for the PCB I interpret that they want a couple of boards for a stereo. As I said before, the boards will have two PCB�s, scored for separation, so on the Wiki please express 1 for a stereo set.

Cheers

That sounds great, Tony. The wiki says 232 Toole-boards at this point :cool: Better check the digits though. Usually someone forget about adding to the total.
Tony, I had an idea for the raw supply. I will mail you about it shortly.

:)

Edit. Colin, thanks for the plot. You posted while I was typing:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.