Threadjacking

Surf wasn't great but had some cool partners in the water.

Attachments

• DSC02593.jpg
    DSC02593.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC02594.jpg
    DSC02594.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC02595.jpg
    DSC02595.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC02596.jpg
    DSC02596.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02597.jpg
    DSC02597.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 138
mod eles

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1436 replies | 50093 view(s)

```````````````````````````````````````````

The breakthrough, accomplished in partnership with GLOBALFOUNDRIES and Samsung, could result in the ability to place 20 billion transistors on a chip the size of a fingernail.

Microprocessors utilising 22nm and 14nm technology power a range of today’s servers and data centres, whilst 10nm technology is well on the way to becoming a mature technology.

http://blog.globalknowledge.co.uk/2015/08/14/ibm-announces-major-breakthrough-in-chip-technology/

Nelson Pass. As good as he's cracked up to be?

In the nearly 50 years I've been building electronics, Nelson has said the single most profound and true thing about audio electronics I've ever heard. So take that as a "yes" from someone firmly in the rationalist camp.

He is also one hell of a nice guy, but I don't suspect that this is what you meant by "good."

In the nearly 50 years I've been building electronics, Nelson has said the single most profound and true thing about audio electronics I've ever heard. So take that as a "yes" from someone firmly in the rationalist camp.

He is also one hell of a nice guy, but I don't suspect that this is what you meant by "good."
SY, you don't intend to leave us hanging out here do you? What is the quote?

OK, let's define 'good' as the quality of his designs. To me at least, a lot of them seem to be substandard. I think Rod Elliot sums up his design philosophy well with a quote from Albert Einstein.

"Everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler", Rod goes on to write that Pass's designs fall into the "no simpler" category.

I suppose what I'm really asking is why is the guy so famous and beloved on this forum :) .

OK, let's define 'good' as the quality of his designs. To me at least, a lot of them seem to be substandard. I think Rod Elliot sums up his design philosophy well with a quote from Albert Einstein.

"Everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler", Rod goes on to write that Pass's designs fall into the "no simpler" category.

I suppose what I'm really asking is why is the guy so famous and beloved on this forum :) .

Since Rod is also well respected on this forum this is interesting. Personally I like the no simpler option in audio because it is ill defined. In medical diagnostics it is better defined as in life critical, OTOH it's amazing how good a lightbulb loaded MOSFET running burning hot can sound. For years vinyl was the reference, at close examination, seriously?