Threadjacking

CDAk4CaUIAE2wk3.jpg

BTW, I did get that video of a UFO that my brother took, but it's very disappointing - isn't it always the way, :( ?!! - the transfer didn't go well, and the contrast apparently has to be just right to see anything - I couldn't, and I knew what it looked like, on his phone! The disappointment has stopped me trying to enhance it, or anything like that - but I will give it a go, at some stage ...

No, I jack threads like all the time I know, because I can't remain focused on some topics for long xD

Recently I digressed into a 3~4 paragraph synopsis of my life history, well at least in terms of my electronics hobby, that probably took root when I was 3 and liked playing with a bag of cables and connectors that one of my mothers friends gave me to play with!

Gordon.

Suspension absorbs energy, and makes the bike slower. Street bikes are optimized for speed. Trail/mountain bikes apparently have suspension because, from what I vaguely recall hearing, riders have a hard time tolerating long off-road rides without suspension.

I've ridden street and trail bikes, but both without suspension. I never did much trail riding, so I'm not familiar with the lack of suspension being a problem.

Having full suspension can be quite nice for the downhill bits. The back wheel has much more grip, following the ground instead of skipping around as on a hardtail (no back suspension). Rear suspension forgives all sorts of sins when out riding - if you pick the wrong line, it might get a bit hairy, but you'll be able to power through much more easily than with a hardtail.

I'd say a full-suspension bike is faster down a hill than a bike with no suspension. The suspension absorbs the bumps, dissipating the energy internally rather than the whole bike losing kinetic energy.

Chris