Thoughts and opinions about Fostex FF85WK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To be honest, my only exposure to the B200 was several years ago, in a wide panel OB (far too impractical for my own domestic situation) , so my recollection would be very cloudy. The best that I can remember was that in that configuration, it could definitely have benefited from the addition of a tweeter.

On the other hand, in the very nearfield - such as my 2 current computer desktop setups , the FF85WK doesn't need much assistance at all.

of course, YMMV

Thanks for your replies.Which enclosure do you suggest to use with it ? Can I found any drawing for horn type for example ?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi all,I would like to order a ff85wk.How do you think it will work with a 2a3 tube amplifier.And actually i have a visaton b 200 driver.How do you compare their sounds? I know it's a small driver but i am planning to use it as a small room or office speaker..

Real measurements of the B200 put it at about 90 dB, the FF85wk is 86 or so, whether a 2A3 SE will work depends on how much vlume you need, if it is enuff it should be superb. The drivers are quite different, the bigger driver can produce bass, the little driver has a superb mid/top.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Probably the best two boxes for FF85wk as far as bass extention are uFonkenSET and the Woden Design "The Lance"

The former is my favorite, bur Lance is not fa behind, is eaier to build and plans are free,

blackWalnut-uFonkenSET-comp.jpg

dave

"1/ damp top & back of 1st manifold, & one side down to just below the driver. Bottom of 1st & 2nd manifold, top of 2nd & 3rd manifold & adjust from there if needed with 1/2” ultratouch felt or equivalent 2/ original design specification is imperial, minor adjustments formetric are fine"

In the forum,I saw a guy who used these speakers in a BLH like a floorstander. With my wife,I decided to use these in the home theater system&low volume music listening.. I couldn't find detailed drawing for this blh floorstander. Do you have any suggestion? Floorstander will be great for me;because I don't want to use them with bookshelf stand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.