This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good folks....not only this one, but i strongly suggest you to the MKIII-Hx

group buy...and i have some reasons to explain you:

- "In the future these circuits will have the value of relics ... not only mine but all the plates produced in small numbers within this DIY forum, they will be rarities, antiquities and treasures .... amplifiers are manufactured by the thousands .... we do 50 or less kits for each model series .. little gems for their rarity, precious by the fact that you built, which creates extra value for your descendants .. one day an amplifier may be worth a lot of money for your children and grandchildren because it will be part of DIY forums, audiophile designs, will be part of the history of audio ... I'm old ... within 10 or 20 years I will be with the angels (or demons) .. then it will be worth even more, then think about it a bit."

regards.

Carlos

Hi Guys, I've Been Reading This Thread For Quite A While And Just wanted To Make Sure Of One Thing On This Schematic. If The Emitter Resistors Are

0.1Ohm 5Watts
Or
1 Ohm 5Watts

I'll Be Building This By Next Week ;)
Making Up My Parts List For Purchase

Attachments

• DHR Turbo Amplifier Schematic.pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Hi,
I have used 0R33/5w in my amplifier and it's OK ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpg
    IMG_4810.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_4813.jpg
    IMG_4813.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 769
Made for Brazilian powerholic.... it is the "marriage" of the Dx Standard, Dx HRII and Dx Precision 1 amplifiers.

The idea was to use the good points of those amplifier, to use the same supply (two 27 AC transformer coils installed in series) to allow you to have simetrical 70 plus 70 volts DC.

Effort was applied not only in sonics, but in special to obtain power into 2 ohms and 1.5 ohms loads.... and i could reach 650 watts RMS, continuous, sinusoidal, undistorted (unclipped) into 1 Kilohertz and flat from 5 hertz to 100 Kilohertz... sensitivity of 750 milivolts to full power.

Into 8 ohms power is not special....only 260 watts RMS.

Supply needs 20000uf each rail, and to each amplifier if you gonna use it into 4 ohms speakers (8 amperes) ... twice of that will be needed if you decide to use lower impedance speakers.

Off set is lower than 1 milivolt and bias is around 100 miliamps (force output to conduct)... zener is 1 watt for safety reasons.

500 miliwatts of more to the bootstrapp resistances

3 watts or more to the output emitter resistances

I have assembled this one last year, into December... and i found it great....have not show to you (the early basic schematic, the one i have made modifications today)... i was silent about this one because of Precision 1..... it was under development last year(board).

Diodes must go to the heatsink...they must be insulated using thermal tubes and attached into the heatsink using glue and thermal compound into the places the diode touches the heatsink...glue goes to the resistance series extreme points.

Avoid too much long wires to this one.... despite it is not too much sensitive into those points (not a tripple darlington) it can result a problem if you use long wires...make it shortest as possible.

There's nothing absolutelly different, just a retuning and a marriage fo those amplifiers i have told you..... adjusted to produce power into lower impedance loads...just that.... reliable, good in sonics (alike HRII).... powerfull as the Precision 1 (more powerfull into low impedance loads)

To use into 4 ohms... i suggest you to use 6 pairs of transistors... will be more safe than the 4 pairs you see into the schematic...was problem of space into the simulator to draw the sketch.....of course, to use into 8 ohms only...you can use 3 pairs... and even into 4 ohms...but better to increase if you gonna plug it into crazy loads.

Well, i do not know if there are someone interested..... if you need something, just post here and i will supply you the needed informations you may need.... transistors are 2SC4793 and 2SA1837...into the output use 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 or other unit with the same, or better, specifications of voltage,current, power dissipation and gain.

Enjoy another Dx amplifier...they are all very nice.... this one has controled thunder bass...huge power...excelent dinamics and special treble too... voice is normal.... about sound stage i have not idea about..have not tested this one in stereo.

regards,

Carlos

very good information.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Sergio greetings

Just waiting for fuse and fuse holders and 2X220uf 100v caps and am done (already got the toshiba trans, diodes and the other stuff i solder them after completing the nitty bitty stuff).

then i connect 43ac to rectifer bridge (26mb60b) and connect after this two 6800uf 80 volts caps and then get up to 63vdc and connect straight to the dhr turbo. unfiortunately dnt have softstart.

of course got to check the pots and do the bias and offset adjust and then measure with multimeter for dc volatge and if ok connect speaker and connect input jack wire. no heat sink yet but try out for ten seconds to hear that sound as test then buy heatsink and erm start on the other channel.
hi,
just i made DHR Turbo amp but this amp does not work well.
this amp goes over heated.
now what can i do?
please, anybody help........

It seems to me in MHO that getting any of the amp design gurus to design and carry on till it is done right, a amp with 3 or 400 watts and designed with high quality sound is a NO NO. I wonder how many DIY'ers with a little to a lot experience would want to build an amp with that power capacity? Well dreaming is the only choice and direction now.:crying: Fear and atmosphere stands between a start and results :D I think I will send Iron man and Superman an e-mail, yeah they will help....:p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.