This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used transistors because they fix better...has more area to receive heat

But of course 1N4001 will work there...voltage there will be 0.6 volts to each diode... and current a few miliamperes.... almost all modern diodes can be used....but it is hard to fix into heatsinks if you are using them as heat sensors...my choice using transistor (all transistor will fit.... the ones you have..even different ones.... the ones from junk box) is because are better to be fixed... we can use screws.

Has to be silicon diodes...just that.... diodes can be part of transistors or not.

Carlos

The Dx Corporation...

and all staff is sending you many thanks by your confidence, preference and kindness.

Welcome to the hall of pioneers... send your picture for registration purposes.... as you will be a golden member, having your picture exposed into the hall of fame, located into the auditorium living room - South American headquarters

Chairman personnal adress to welcome Golden Members:

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Hello All,

I am having problem with the PSU made by alexmm for DX Turbo amplifier. I can't find in the store the 4.7nf/100 and 100nf/250v capacitors. They only have 2.7/600v. I am not sure about the 100nf/250v. Is there any substitute for this parts? Need help.
--------------------------------

Hi Julius, we cant say substitute the value but believe only the code is different in some other countries.
4.7nF is equivalent to 472, and likewise..
0.47uF = 474
0.047uF = 473
0.0047uF = 472
Hope this can help.

Rgds,
mannycc

Bypass capacitors are not a critical value and you do not need to worry about them...

...even if you remove them the amplifier will continue to operate.. the reason of those capacitors existence, installed in paralell with electrolitic condensers and usually into the rail lines, is to give your a very low impedance patch to ground if some oscilation starts.... as electrolitic condensers are also inductive because of the coil construction inside, the capacitors connected in paralell will conduct high frequencies to ground beeing blocking, stopping, the oscilations as soon as the start... alike big mouthes and big throat that will "eat oscilations".

The electrolitic condensers will conduct high frequencies to ground too....BUT... they will present some resistance because internal construction is alike a coil... and the capacitors of smaller value, not beeing constructed as coils represents a very low resistance to those frequencies... they are alike a short circuit... high frequencies... when appear into their positive terminal (not the ground one) are eated!

You can use 1n, 2n, 3n, 4n, 4n 6n till you reach 1uf.... and why not more than that?... because size and price only.... as all them will present a very low resistance (capacitive reactance) into the high frequencies, where the oscilations use to operate....so.... put the one you have at hand... they do not need even to be the same value... they can be different...if you have 6, then you can use 10n (103) into the number one...... 22n (203) into the number two... and this way you can do without worries... even the removal can result good if your amplifier is not "oscilation addicted" circuit...and Dx Amplifiers are stable and not oscilation addicted one..... and my care about the inclusion of those capacitors helps the amplifier stability... they are there "just in case".

The output 100n can be substituted also from 82N to 220N.. also the zobel in series resistance can be substituted..from 4.7 ohms to 22 ohms... depending the capacitance selected by you.

No big magic folks...electronics has tolerance... plus 20 percent and minus 20 percent is normal.. and in some cases circuits will tolerate much more than that... the bypass capacitors is one of this cases.

I have to check that other capacitor, i do not remember where the unit is used..but for sure you can use there 2n.... or values till you reach 22n (223) without problems too.

100n is 0.001uf
22n is 0.022uf
4.7n is 0.0047uf

Be happy folks... the DHR turbo is so nice that you can do the mess you can and it will work fine... a hell stable... a very nice strong amplifier.... i am sure you will be happy with this "little monster"

....................................................................................

I would like to invite dear friends and all forum folks to watch my last youtube video... a slide video with nice Eurodance song... with very impressive low frequency bass.... made with last 500 pictures token December 2008 and january 2009...including images from my lost nephew (not more lost).. the one was found because our lovely forum...he came to visit me ... from England (UK) to Brazil this january.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDlSiDC_Ug

Attachments

• imagem.gif
    imagem.gif
    53.5 KB · Views: 708
You're welcome Castro....but... video is available

guaranteed... and tested..... try once again and check your browser.... try Chrome from google.

Google browser is for free, small, reliable and fast...you will need to install shockwave flash player too (from adobe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDlSiDC_Ug

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.gif
    imagem.gif
    73 KB · Views: 695
I tried to follow the link in youtube again. Now it's working. I tried it couple of hours back and the video is not yet available. I am not sure what happened but now it's working fine. Nice pieces of amplifiers you have there. What are those? Is it a new DX under development? LOL? I am planning to build small ones for my friend. DX Turbo might be too much. Maybe smaller ones that have 4 power transistors will do. :)

Pretty good construction.... it is looking beautifull

Send me higher resolution images as soon as possible... i have an audio group into Orkut and fellows will be happy to see your work.

Please, accept my thanks in advance by your special kindness to produce pictures and post them here and also upload them to me.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fotos 2195a.jpg
    fotos 2195a.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 630
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.