This is not just another Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I might do it after I finish the review of Aleph X. Here's the cross-section of the bass enclosure.

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,386
OK, time for some numbers. Initially I was hoping for 20V rails and 6A total current. It came down to 15V rails, 6A current and the heatsinks are just about 50 deg. C.

Those are the same heat sinks as A75 monoblock and the temp is exactly the same.

The rails are +/- 15V, I'm using 4 pairs of devices per side (for a total of 16 per channel), my source resistors are 0.56 ohm and voltage drop is 0.420V on ea. The heatsinks are 11" x 11" and 2' deep with 23 fins (I'm using 2 per channel).

Did I miss something?;)

Measuring Temperature

I use one of these- Radio Shack 63-1009. I drill an extra hole next to the semiconductor so that the tapered probe jams in the hole. I was careful not to drill all the way through the heatsink. I think it was a 7/32 hole.

Works great for current price on the web of 13.99. You can switch it to measure the ambient too.

Attachments

• 63-1009[1].jpg
    63-1009[1].jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,511
quote "Did I miss something?"

Peter,
You have 16 output transistors per channel. What is the approximate output wattage per channel is that? Sorry, I have not been following the Aleph-X thread (except lately - the beta Rev 1.0 boards) and thus I'm not familiar with the in and out of this amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.