This is not just another Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paralleling device might bring the opposite results (degradation instead of an improvement). I would be cautious here as well;)

I paralleled bridges in my A75 amp once, as they were blowing too frequently. I think I got less detail because of that (slight haziness if you want, but I'm not so sure about it anymore; I don't remember when was a last time I was using big amps;))

I find with Power supplies a good oscilliscope will reveal all there is to know about the effectiveness of experimentation. I find that an Oscilliscope is not a good indicater of how the output of a device will sound after a particular change.

I suppose a spectrum analyzer might be better suited for the task, but I find it all very subjective once equipment under test has achieved a certian level of competency.

Regards

Anthony

OK, myabe to many typos in the first question to get an answer. As I really like to understand what I am doing when bringing the input caps into the game, here again the question:

For unbalanced connection I understand that you have connected simply a input-cap before the positive input of the schematic we all know. Ground of the RCA-Plug to ground of the circuit and Minus-input attached to ground with a cap same size as the cap at the positive input plus a 100Kresisor in parallel to ground (is the schematic right ?).

From Nelson I understood that the DC-conditions have to be the same on the input of the negative and the positive side, so I understand that you have coupled the negative input through the 100K resistor to ground like in a tube amp, but for what is the coupling-cap to ground good as there is no signal ?

Attachments

• aleph-x_2_pd_v1.0.zip
    48.2 KB · Views: 323
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.