ThermalTrak+TMC amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got my PCBs today. There are 15$ for 10 boards, good price. I will populate the board and see how thing going ...

Attachments

• 20150406_114621.jpg
    20150406_114621.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 296
What pcb is this?
Is it for dadod power supply?
Where you order this?
Have you gerber files for this?

It is the dadod's PSU Regulator with MOSFET instead of BJT. It has capacitance multiplier + electricity fuse and loud speaker protection which are all useful (at least to me)!

I ordered the board at a local PCB company which give me good price for PCB <= 100 x 100 mm for at least 5 boards.

I have GEBER files for this PCB. I can upload here if you want. But it is NOT TESTED board (both board and PSU Regulator MOSFET version) and I'm working on one board at the moment.

I spent my day to complete the board, and final finished it. There is so little time left so I hook it to +-15V source and no input -> nothing burn :D

I got
- power led glow.
- 14.8 V on - side (which mean the trimmer not set to right value)
- 13 V on + side

And my time is over but it look promising ...

So which tests do I need to take to make sure all functions work ok?

Attachments

• 20150407_155849.jpg
    20150407_155849.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 401
I spent my day to complete the board, and final finished it. There is so little time left so I hook it to +-15V source and no input -> nothing burn :D

I got
- power led glow.
- 14.8 V on - side (which mean the trimmer not set to right value)
- 13 V on + side

And my time is over but it look promising ...

So which tests do I need to take to make sure all functions work ok?

What trimmer, could you show the schematic you used, because in my mosfet version there was no trimmer, so I suppose you combined with my BJT version.
There three test to be done:
1. overcurrent test
2. DC voltage on the loudspeaker input.
3. one power side down should take other side down too.

What trimmer, could you show the schematic you used, because in my mosfet version there was no trimmer, so I suppose you combined with my BJT version.
There three test to be done:
1. overcurrent test
2. DC voltage on the loudspeaker input.
3. one power side down should take other side down too.

I replace R123 = 22K with 100K and a VR 50K so i can match voltage of both negative and positive side.

test #1 # 2 I can undestand. But could you give me more info, detail on test #3?

Could you show some measured voltages on some strategic places? I suppose that input voltages do not drop in the same time?

Input voltage do nor drop when I'm testing. I checked layout and thing seem fine.

When start, it is ok for a while but after I start to measure something the volage become ~7V on both side.

INPUT: +/-29V

Normal mode: V at R4 (4K7) = 14V
7V mode on both side: V ar R4 (4K7) = 28V

I think 7V mode look like overload state of the PSU Regulator to me.

Input voltage do nor drop when I'm testing. I checked layout and thing seem fine.

When start, it is ok for a while but after I start to measure something the volage become ~7V on both side.

INPUT: +/-29V

Normal mode: V at R4 (4K7) = 14V
7V mode on both side: V ar R4 (4K7) = 28V

I think 7V mode look like overload state of the PSU Regulator to me.

I expected you will show the schematic with some measured voltages, otherwise I don't know what R4 is.
Try to passivize the protection and see if protection kick in for some reason.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.