• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wolverine 2nd Group buy

Wolverine boards

• 1 pairs of IPS + EF3-3

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • 2 pairs of IPS + EF3-3

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • 3 pairs of IPS + EF3-3

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 1 pairs of IPS + EF3-4

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • 2 pairs of IPS + EF3-4

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • 3 pairs of IPS + EF3-4

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • In Green

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • In Blue

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • In Matt Black

Votes: 34 38.2%

• Total voters
I received my boards. they are awesome!
I have a couple comments after reading the documentation and reading some posts.

./ This is not the regular weekend warrior project.
./ You will need to fabricate heatsinks, solder SMD components, tap threads, make spacers, coils, use precision resistors and match a bunch of transistors.
./ If one cheap out, this thing might oscillate on the best case or have a catastrophic failure and ruin your work, troubleshoot this won't be easy.
./ A stout well designed power supply, a soft start circuit and speaker protection circuit is advised.
./ Between components, PS and a good chassis is not a budget oriented project (for DIY standards) I would say that at least around 1.000 USD without shipping and taxes.

Bottom line, it is kind of a commitment so be sure to have some knowledge about amplifiers and power supplies, but with following the procedures given and use a very good quality and well designed power supply I'm pretty sure that will result a hi-end power amp.

1674682266891.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
And when your done you will have the best amp you have ever heard in your life.

But to be fair it may seem complicated but it's really not if you focus on a bit at a time. There really isn't much that needs matched and certainly no precision resistors. I've personally built 12 already and 6 of them in my 1st go.

Read the forums and the build guide again and just focus on a bit at a time like resistors first etc. This is a fun project and something worth spending a couple months building.

Reactions: 4 users
But to be fair it may seem complicated but it's really not if you focus on a bit at a time.
Divide and conquer, some say.... I'm not worry I think I have almost everything on stock, just need to decide about the PS, I was thinking in a 60V+/- SMPS since I've never used one on class AB amps, but all the read that I have found on forums ended up on a passionate debate with no models with datasheets, so I think I might have to test some and find it out by myself.

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for new amps for my system for quite some time now and I came across the wolverine project. I’ve been watching the threads for the last two months and with every post, I was more and more interested in the wolverine amps. Now I know that I’ve found my new amps.

I have a triampling system and I would like to design PCBs for myself so the three amps can fit the same enclosure. Also, I like to make things from scratch because I learn more stuff and tricks and it is a greater win for me in the end. And the PCB design is kind of a peaceful runaway from the real world for me.

Now, what I want to ask is: is it possible to buy only the documentation for the wolverine, without the PCBs?

Thanks
Zvone

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hello everyone,

I've been searching for new amps for my system for quite some time now and I came across the wolverine project. I’ve been watching the threads for the last two months and with every post, I was more and more interested in the wolverine amps. Now I know that I’ve found my new amps.

I have a triampling system and I would like to design PCBs for myself so the three amps can fit the same enclosure. Also, I like to make things from scratch because I learn more stuff and tricks and it is a greater win for me in the end. And the PCB design is kind of a peaceful runaway from the real world for me.

Now, what I want to ask is: is it possible to buy only the documentation for the wolverine, without the PCBs?

Thanks
Zvone
Would you like some wolverine PCB's. We still have some available