"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's

opc - I'll go for 4 of the rework boards. :)

Also, unrelated, I just noticed that the power supply board would also make a dandy CRC filter if the LM317/LM337 chips are left off, along with the associated adjust pin parts, and replaced with Caddock 10R 30W TO-220 resistors.

MP930-10.0-1% Caddock Thick Film Resistors - Through Hole

http://www.caddock.com/Online_catalog/Mrktg_Lit/MP9000_Series.pdf

The capacitor values would be an order of magnitude too small to do anything about power line 2nd, 3rd, and 4th harmonics, but would make a dandy power line (conducted through transformer parasitics) audio band and RF noise filter for general purpose use. :)

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
BTW Owen, if you decided to make yet another run on the PSU PCB, I think you might find quite a few takers, especially with the rework-required boards becoming available. It would certainly help make those boards even more attractive.

I know I myself could now use an additional four PSU PCBs. :D

i'll take a few (3) of the rework boards too mate if any are left and perhaps 2 extra psu boards if you have any spare. paying with cash money for extras =) btw check email, does red indicate paid?

thanks again mate!! this is a serious undertaking and i'm sure everyone is both thankful and amazed at the work put in

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

The new system of sending out PM's for payments seems to be working perfectly. I'd like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who has paid so far. You've followed the instructions perfectly, and I've already got the orders packed and ready to send out! I really appreciate the prompt and correct payments!

All the "rework required" boards are now sold out, which took all of 12 hours! I've updated the list and posted it below with some additional columns to cover the reworked boards, who has paid, and what has shipped.

I'll be sending out payment requests for the rest of the headphone amp boards over the next few days, so keep your eyes open for a PM.

I still have two question marks listed on the sheet:

1. Bill Wilson - I have no idea what your order is (if any). Please confirm!

2. mwmkravchenko - Mark - Can you send me a PM or email with your total order? I've pretty much lost track of what you need, and I'm not sure how many extra mosfet pairs you want :)

Thanks again to everyone for your patience and cooperation!

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• The Wire Master List - 11-27-2011.pdf
    60.3 KB · Views: 156

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Payment requests are going out for everyone who has purchased a headphone amp PCB or kit and does not have amplifier kits in their order. They are being sent via PM.

I've attached an updated list with the total shipping weight and the total price of each order. Detailed instructions are included with each PM. Please follow them very carefully!

Orders will be shipped in the order that they are paid.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• Payment Request List - NOV 29-2011.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 178