• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yep, some comments from everyone, I can probably just cut 2 pieces the width of the heatsink-able section and wide enough to cover either option of sinking top or bottom and leave the final cuts to you guys to suit using the BOM sink, bars underneath (actually the cheapest and most efficient way to get the heat out) or heatsink PLUS bars down the outside strips where you could use a bar to convey the heat from the PCB as well as directly contacting the buffers. (i'll have to crunch the numbers on the second option, but should be ok)

then on top of that i'm giving everyone a strip to247 tall and wide enough to do you for a couple channels of poweramp. punching holes for the screws will be up to you, so you can use it for the LPUHP PSU ie TO220 or a TO247 fet for power amp outputs (such as the laterals on the wire fet poweramp)

if I dont hear a significant response in another direction thats what everyone will get, should allow you to bend it to whatever needs you have.

Copy, Edit, Re-post

name....49600TS.....49990
qusp....10....maybe...AUS
randytsuch....20....6...US
opc....32....0...CAN
wirewiggler....20...0...US
neb001....20....???...US
Ed L....20....6
wolfsin ....20....0...US
jacobthellamer ....10....0...NZ

Total...152...12

Cost for the 49990 is currently $5.18. It may go to $4.16 at quantity=25

Review of responses have:

qusp in a state of "maybe "; post #300
neb001 expressed interest in 49990 with no quantity expressed
All others who expressed no interest in 49990 have been designated quantity=0

I have shipped US First Class post around the world, though there is always some risk involved I would consider that method "successful". I fill out customs forms for that. The rate for that is ~less than $5. Tracking adds another ~$10-15...I'll confirm this morning.
When I ship First Class Domestic (US), I always use Delivery Confirmation which gives me peace of mind. The cost will be $3.25. Access to the US Postal Service is relatively easy, so I'll let US participants investigate and declare if they want to invest in greater assurance of delivery.

Last edited:
name....49600TS.....49990
qusp....10....maybe...AUS
randytsuch....20....6...US
opc....32....0...CAN
wirewiggler....20...0...US
neb001....20....12...US
Ed L....20....6
wolfsin ....20....0...US
jacobthellamer ....10....0...NZ

Total...152...24

Last edited:
hey Ed: confirmed with just 10 buffers please mate and can I be a pain and get just 1 x 49990?

i'm in no hurry either so first class is fine.

You know my amps are going to sound proportionately better than yours, given the price differential on my buffers. I heard the ones made by National before the takeover were made using a much more exclusive low volume process and this will never be heard again, I can let 10 of the NOS ones I have left here at a bargain 15 each; first come first served :p

Last edited:
qusp, Mouser let me know this package is the latest & greatest "Excalibur", and outperforms all others. You are covered (10/1). :D

Parts are now ordered with a 24 hour hold for quantity adjustment, if needed. If Mouser does not hear from me by then, parts will ship to me. If I hear nothing from you, quantity reflected herein will remain as stated.

I'll be sending payment requests and instructions shortly.

Last edited:
Qusp,
Sorry for being a flake on feedback on the heatsinking issue. Until it is put together in front of me I will not decide, if you can allow enough material so I have some options available ( don't forget I offered to buy any excess you may have had to purchase) it will be fine with me.

Ed thanks for group buy on 49600 payment sent

Bill

Greets!

The actives have arrived, are portioned out, the envelopes are addressed. They will be mailed tomorrow, Saturday.

Note: If you have never handled 49990 be prepared. They are tiny, just like other devices on this board. I found "HandiTak" to be very helpful in lifting them from the desk during packaging.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.