• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is time for me to move on the LME49600TS.

I would like to get to the 100 count price break @ $2.79 each.

LME49600TS/NOPB National Semiconductor (TI) Operational Amplifiers - Op Amps

Who would be interested?../..How many?

Also of interest:

LME49990MA/NOPB National Semiconductor (TI) Operational Amplifiers - Op Amps

Shipping arrangements at cost, from cheap, non-tracking (First Class) to Expedited, Tracking

Hi Ed
I was just thinking the same think, and was looking at the actives too.
I would like to participate for both parts, if it makes sense, but at least for the 49600's.

Wondering if we are going to make the 100 break, but we should at least make the 50 break. Looks like there are 7 potential participants in the US and Canada.

Randy

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
That pricing is obscene! I think it's a mistake. I bought 250 of them from Avnet who had the lowest pricing I could find, and it was way higher than that. I did check DK and Mouser as well.

I'm with qusp in this... what a total ****-off.

Scoop those up now before it's too late. I'll take 32 of them.

Regards,
Owen

That pricing is obscene!
I'm with qusp in this... what a total ****-off.
+1

FWIW I ordered at end of Feb and paid $US7.1ea for 100 to cover the needs of the Au/NZ guys who are building LPUHP as well as my headphone amps and Jake's headphone amps too. We copped shipping and import duties on top of that price too since total order crept over the $1000 threshold. So prices are less than half what they were in Feb/March.

@Ed I'll probably grab a couple and I guess we'll pretty easily get the 100pcs.

Where's Wolfsin at? He loves a bargin and he hasn't got parts for his lpuhp yet I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Ed, cash needed elsewhere so I will bow out of this. As expected you've comfortably made it to the 100+ classification.

updated list to remove my name and added wolfsin and jacobthellamer

Copy, Edit, Re-post

name....49600TS.....49990
qusp....10....maybe
randytsuch....?....?
opc....32
wirewiggler....20...please confirm
neb001....20....?
Ed L....20....6
wolfsin ....20....?
jacobthellamer ....8-10....please confirm

@jacob, qusp now has the actives and the other nichicon r7 series caps that I ordered for you. Should be all together with your kit.

I'm doing a few longer days at work early this week but I'm hoping to help qusp out later in the week with cutting up the keratherm. Does anyone want to pipe up about the cutting format for the keratherm now that the matching heatsinks seem a bit dead in the water at the moment with hypertune seemingly out of action for the last few months. My suggestion is to cut a piece to suit the BOM heatsink and anyone doing a variation format with say copper/alu strips on underside of pcb can then cut that larger piece to suit their own requirements. Since qusp and I aren't using the BOM heatsink its hard for us to know what the preference of the larger group is for how they'd like their keratherm.

K-Red for the bom heatsink would not be larger than whats needed for bar stock, its smaller given the only thing contacting the sink is the tops of the buffer bodies. but yes please can we get some feedback on this? ive tried repeatedly to get people to talk about it and its currently the only thing holding shipping up. I didnt get around to sending the PM and tbh given the response in here to the actives I wasnt sure I had to. i'll do it this afternoon.

hypertune is not going to turn up, hes logged into the site just last week for the first time in ages, I presume to read the PSU reports for the poweramp (was on the same day they were posted), but i've not heard from him. I even gave him a way out just so that I could move forward...something very pressing must be keeping him........i've given up on the enclosure that was organized, but as with hochopeper we are still doing something different, so you guys really need to help me out here.

the thread has kinda gotten distracted with the actives, in fact I posted pics of everyone's kits, ready bar keratherm, but got a single comment from Jacob (thanks for noticing mate, hochopeper is correct I have everything here for you)

Last edited:
To put some of qusp's frustration in context. He and I have covered the cost of all of hypertune's components to this point out of our pocket (including buffers at upwards of $7ea rather than the prices now available) and were to sort out difference in cost to machine enclosures once we had a design finalised ... we're now looking at yet another enclosure design since we've lost contact, as qusp says to even to hear one way or another on what his plans are hasn't received a response. I figure it must be something significant and unexpected that has him unable to continue. It's not the end of the world for me at least but certainly makes it harder to finance the enclosures we're now building since hobby budgets certainly aren't limitless.

Obviously qusp and I are doing something different to the norm with our enclosures (I assume since no one else has expressed interest in copper bars or anything when we talked about an order from online metals when we discussed those a few pages back) so he and I have specific needs for our keratherm ... what we really need to know is what exactly is everyone else wanting? At the moment we're out of ideas on how to cut it so that you all get something practical for what you've paid.

I don't think it's really right for qusp to be chasing you all up repeatedly just to know what shape/size pieces you want to cover your needs, he's asked a few times now and the silence is deafening.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.