"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

Andrew, I joined in 2008 and still have lots to learn. You have to realize lots of people aren't engineers and have limited knowledge about electronics but have interest in this hoby.
They/we are learning project by project, step by step.

I understand your point but don't approve way how you sometimes approach to other members. You can be quite arrogant and disrepectful.

Igor,
go back to post1420.
I took time and effort to post this.
I am not an electrical Engineer nor an Electronics Engineer. I am a Civil Engineer.
I learned all of this by self teaching, much of it from this Forum.

I do not offer the lame excuse
I am just a real beginner with no access to such literature.
for my limitations.
For me it is both a learning experience and a hobby.

Sorry for the confusion caused but i will go for the 55/65V version if that's still possible, then i should really have enough power. That means that there are now two 45/55V supplies available again.

BuildMeSomething 2x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME)
lolo 6x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME)
qusp 2x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME)

Emphrygian 2x DPS-600-55/65V (Reg LME)
igor0203 2x DPS-600-55/65V (Reg LME)
QRikard 2x DPS-600-55/65V (Reg LME)

make that 4, i'll go back to my 55/65, i've got enough sink and its more flexible to have the higher voltage if need be

lolo 6x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME)

qusp 2x DPS-600-55/65V (Reg LME)

but we are going back and forth here, I have no need to wait and we dont seem to be really gathering people here. just shifting around. i've checked with everyone in AU who might share shipping with me with no response fro hypertune.... and a response in the negative from hochopeper.

I suggested to Roberto that one of you take delivery for the lot in EU but not mine, probably lolo since hes central enough and will have the majority of shipping weight? I made this suggestion because having mine shipped with you guys would turn out very expensive for me, I would probably pay VAT when I do not owe VAT and shipping as an individual without a bulk ups/fedex account would be close on double what I would pay direct, which is already 35EU, to the point it would be hardly (if at all) worth being involved in the GB at all. but we cannot expect them to make shipments to each individual and still hand out the group discount.

who else was on that original list, we are down to 16 from 22, but lolo has reduced his order to 6 from 10, so theres just one person, who was it? oh hang on, one person backed out hey?

Last edited:
Hi,
I report update list:

lolo 6+4 x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME)
-------------------------------------
It can serve to better decide.
If I have to send individual, our agreement with UPS allows € 22 in all countries (except Australia is € 35)
This does not change up to 5kg.
remains the problem of VAT in some countries.

If need be, I can act as delivery man, no problem, but we need to check you are really going to save money which might well not be the case, 22€ is a good price I think. I sent a parcel within France last week for 12 euros and it wasn't heavy..
Regarding my order, I agreed with Roberto to order 6 units immediately, with provision for 4 more later in the summer, I just cannot handle the cost of 10 units right now. Now we are waiting for the VAT issue.
on to you Roberto!

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
BuildMeSomething 2x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME) (or 55/65V if no more 45/55V are available)

I have added myself to AP2's updated list. Spedizione a Milano.

hoping that I will soon get the kits from Opc........

Ciao,

Nic

Hi all,
Think it's the best thing at this point the individual ship.
Please friends list, send a PM with all the data address etc, I will respond with the coordinates for the payment, obvius That Is PayPal.

Lolo: I reserve for you 10x 45V / green version, even though 6 in advance.
and, please Lolo, you can send private friends at what is Green color? (I can not display the photo that I sent to you, because the power unit is mounted on a new amplifier that can not display in public.
if it is not easy for you, then I'll send them by email.
seem right, to make known to others this option, although it is only aesthetic-Color Power Unit.
BuildMeSomething:
with your 2x45V, this version is over. then proceed for 45/55V.

Regards
Just my curiosity.. where are the tons of diy who bought the amp wire? all of these use the linear psu maybe? :confused:

BuildMeSomething 2x DPS-600-45/55V (Reg LME) (or 55/65V if no more 45/55V are available)

I have added myself to AP2's updated list. Spedizione a Milano.

hoping that I will soon get the kits from Opc........

Ciao,

Nic

Hi, thank for agree, just not know voltage setup and qty for you.

Just my curiosity.. where are the tons of diy who bought the amp wire? all of these use the linear psu maybe? :confused:

My bank balance is running on the empty line at the moment after accounting for current commitments. That is the only reason I have not gone for this round. I would have loved to have shared shipping to Aus with qusp. I have overtime coming up and the timeline for the second round will likely be more suitable for my cash flow.

My guess is that the delays with mosfet manufacture has meant a few people have shelved the project for a while and taking a while to re-mobilise from whatever other distractions they have chosen to fill the intervening period.

My bank balance is running on the empty line at the moment after accounting for current commitments. That is the only reason I have not gone for this round. I would have loved to have shared shipping to Aus with qusp. I have overtime coming up and the timeline for the second round will likely be more suitable for my cash flow.

My guess is that the delays with mosfet manufacture has meant a few people have shelved the project for a while and taking a while to re-mobilise from whatever other distractions they have chosen to fill the intervening period.

np, new lot arrive precise 10-15 July.
ah..mosfet delay yes, maybe we can help (just have productions then agreements with company) , but think opc have solved now, mosfet qty.

I'm waiting for the DPS-500 results since the lack of 120v support on the DPS-600 completely rules it out for me. :(

Hi neb001,

i remember well this, sorry for delay, at short opc have one pair and try (even i know very well this smps).
I'm sure you are happy, then i want send with your setup voltage.
please, chose voltage output.
I add, that up to 45/55V with same special performances, dps-600 (dedicate version ) is well tested on 110-125Vac.

Last edited: