"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

If we get our usual feeding frenzy for anything opc offers on these forums then AP2 could have a similar world wide shortage to the flood-induced world wide shortage of the lateral FETS! Or the significantly depleted stock at digikey for the lme49600 for that matter. :cool:

I'm probably interested in a few of these for my Class AB The Wires and a couple extra to replace an existing smps in another amp of mine.

I hope the flood gates haven't opened here for people expressing interest but I certainly think we've already demonstrated to AP2 that there is likely to be a stampede! If these power supplies are as good as preliminary indications suggest (and AP2s assertions all along) then the demand is a great reward for the development that has gone into your products.

LOL

Then another natural disaster!

LOL

It's great to see these SMPS getting the attention they deserve!

Hey AP2 how is the DXA-xx OEM going?

PM

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

I'm long overdue on an update for this, so here's the status:

- Mosfet arrival dates were pushed out 4 separate times from the original date of March 20th to March 31st, then April 20th, and now April 27th.

- I have a hard commitment from the supplier and distributor that the parts will arrive on April 27th and I'm fairly confident that this time they actually will. Fingers crossed.

- The N-channel parts are already in the distributor's hands, it's only the P-channel parts that are causing the delay.

- I have ordered an additional 100pcs of both P and N channel devices in a separate order for those who want additional parts, and to cover people who ordered only boards are have been unable to source the mosfets themselves. They should arrive by the end of this month.

Based on the above, I should be able to ship everyone's orders by April 30th. Absolutely everything is packed, addressed and prepped, and is only awaiting the mosfets.

As for the power supplies, I'm almost finished testing, but I have one last issue to send to AP2 for resolution before I give the green light. There are some transients on shutdown caused by the supply trying to restart after the device has been unplugged, and this translate to transients on the output of the amp. I'll send the data to AP2 for analysis.

Otherwise, the 120Hz noise issue has been resolved and the supply performs very well.

Another important update on this front is that I will not be organizing the GB for these supplies. I have thought it over, and there is far too much liability involved if I sell these supplies. I only have the time and bandwidth to measure the audio performance of the supplies, so I cannot vouch for the safety or reliability of the supplies. I don't expect to see any issues in this area, but I cannot take that risk. Offering people finished supplies with live-side connections that I didn't design falls outside my comfort zone.

I will still post all the measurements, and you guys can decide how to organize things from there :)

I want to extend yet another big thanks to everyone for your unwavering patience and understanding through what has now been a very very long wait for these parts. I really appreciate everyone's commitment to this and I'm looking forward to shipping all the remaining kits!

Regards,
Owen