"The Wire AMP" Class A/AB Power Amplifier based on the LME49830 with Lateral Mosfets

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
ya, ive been pestering opc about it, he said he'd post it along with a wiki this weekend, didnt ya opc? :D

I'm working on it! I should have the amp build Wiki up and running by the end of the week. :whip:

Several parts values have changed, so I'll post the updated schematic and BOM along with suggested configurations.

HYPERTUNE:

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see such beautiful soldering! Between you and qusp, I can now conclude that all Aussies know how to solder like pros!

Kudos on the excellent looking supplies, and keep us updated with pictures!

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ahh... now I understand. The endless warmth keeps your hands nice and steady. I've attached a picture I just took from my balcony, which is in stark contrast. Cold shaking hands make for more stressful soldering, but on the bright side, it looks like someone has started to make a hockey rink, so at least there's that.

Any of you Aussies want to do a house exchange for the next three months? I'll give you a free PCB! :)

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• IMG_7075.JPG
    IMG_7075.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 953
Between you and qusp, I can now conclude that all Aussies know how to solder like pros!

Now then, there's nothing like pressure on a first timer to keep up the good name of our country!

I received the remaining tools I needed to be set up for surface mount work just yesterday, parts are about to be flying across the Pacific ocean towards my workbench. :cool:

At least if my work goes really pear-shaped I can outsource to qusp :p

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these ClassA/AB boards in progress once those mosfets start coming out of the factory again!

Hi Folks,

Just found this very interesting thread and project which could be the solution to my problems! I need 8 channels of 100/150w good, clean class AB amp to drive my Orions.. are the boards/kits still up for sale or am I late?

sold out in about 24hrs, then more were made available and only took a 48hrs; its safe to say you missed out a long time ago i'm afraid

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

I was going to wait on this until the fets arrived, but there have been too many questions about it, and I might as well finish the second list while I'm compiling it for the remaining headphone amp boards.

I have 38 remining boards and I will have (in March) 31 remining pairs of mosfets.

If you sign up for this round, you need to understand that your boards and mosfets will not ship out until early April, after everyone on the first list has shipped.

Payments will not be accepted until March when the mosfets are in-hand.

Please go here to sign up:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/head...-headphone-amp-boards-kits-7.html#post2910110

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD WITH REQUESTS FOR BOARDS! THEY WILL BE IGNORED!