The Weather

We have many different words for snow here, Somewhere between 14 and 100 pending on where in the country you ask.
I think what you describe is large "flakes" of wet snow. "Slettakave", like a larger version of "sludd" or sleet in english.

+5 in the day here, -10 at nights. Really nice weather here, will save up some pictures to post.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
..."Slettakave", like a larger version of "sludd" or sleet in english. ....

No, these were quite small. Not clumped, not hard-frozen, but on the edge of melting. Meteorology suggested cold air 2,000 feet up, so they did not fall far in the above-freezing surface air.

Today the snow-banks are melting and soaking the dirt driveway. One big bank may take a month to melt. (I carted 1/4 of it away so we can turn the car, but that's my limit.)

Had a very nice short round on the lake and back through the woods today. The kids where helping each other, and managed the 5,5km trip with no bickering. -6c
Yesterday me and the boss lady just went a little bit further, without kids, they where at a friends place. Yesterdays trip was ca 8.5km, temperature about -4c.

The weather is amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_20180330_132845.jpg
    IMG_20180330_132845.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20180330_124625.jpg
    IMG_20180330_124625.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20180330_122819.jpg
    IMG_20180330_122819.jpg
    735.9 KB · Views: 113
I have started eating the tender shoots after the peas have grown for a bit, do not have to wait for the pods, the plants themselves are very tasty, just pinching off the top 10-15 cm of the shoots and chop them up, heat quickly with just a few teaspoons of water, add a little bit of butter, put the lid on and turn off the heat.
Or just use them raw in a salad.
The same with radishes, the leaves contain a lot of nutrition, just get the tender leaves, toss up quickly in the pan like with buttered spinach and a twist of lemon, or raw in salads.

A bonus of pinching off the tops are the plants get very bushy, and make a lot of flowers, so more shoots and pods.

The kids are done with the egg hunting, the easter bunny wrote a letter for them with a tip on where to look.

Last edited: