The Weather

I planted my Tomato plants yesterday. I expect that frost is a thing of the past until October.

The garden is almost completely planted. The pepper plants have a week or so to go under the plant lights and on heating pads. Then I'll start hardening them and plant them the second or third week in May.

Happy 4/20 Chris.
What's that about anyway, I forgot. Oh ya, Marijuana. You'd think I'd remember that but I, uh...wait what was your question again? Oh ya.. um, can we get back to this later, I'm kinda...oh man I forgot what we were talking about again :)
Seriously though, the 'partakers' of Vancouver caused so much foot traffic damage due to the wet weather that some areas will be closed for a month or more to repair the fields. At least there was a good garbage clean-up happening. You know, all those candy bars wrappers, cheesie bags and red bull cans.

And of course there were no violence related arrests.

Seriously though, the 'partakers' of Vancouver caused so much foot traffic damage due to the wet weather that some areas will be closed for a month or more to repair the fields.
maybe they should find a parking lot instead to hold their smoke fest, something like a tailgate party comes to mind.
Nice day here in Georgina, daffodils, crocus, forsythia are all in full bloom, Robin's are happy the worms have surfaced for the year again. My peppers seeds are up and doing there thing, so is the Tangerine Dream bush :lickface:

We are making up for it. Warm wet spring. No forecast below 45F for the next 10 days and we don't hit last frost day until May 15.

Sunflowers are up.

Swiss Chard is up.

I can't wait for fresh vegetables from the garden.

By wet, I mean WET! Flash Flood watch in effect through Sunday.

Last edited:
No forecast below 45F for the next 10 days

It rained off and on overnight then I woke up to a humid 43 degrees F at 6 AM. I had to wear long pants and a shirt for my morning run around a rather muddy jogging trail. The pavement is below the surrounding grass field in some areas leading to a half inch of slimy mud if it stays damp for long. It's easier to run across it if it's frozen, but that's over for the year.

Happy 4/20 Chris......What's that about anyway

When you wake up in the snack food isle of the local grocery store on 4/21 with a half empty bag of Doritos in your hand.......you took it too far. Not that I would know anything about this, but my favorite munchies food was Chips Ahoy cookies.

This morning it was 34F at 7 AM, but by the afternoon I was mowing the yard in just a pair of shorts.

I usually went for the salty...uh...then some sweet...

I forgot about the old standby.....Pizza. In 1971 and 1972 I ran the service department at an Olson Electronics store next to the University of Miami. There was a brand new Dominoes Pizza starting up next door to us. While not open yet, the new crew had been there for about a week training, and learning how to make pizza. For about two weeks we had all the free pizza we could eat. One night after the managers of each store had left, one of the Dominoes guys called a couple of us over, they had baked a marijuana pizza.

Good stuff, we learned how to make our own using grocery store frozen pizza.

maybe they should find a parking lot instead to hold their smoke fest, something like a tailgate party comes to mind.

Along with the proposed relaxing/normalization/decriminalization - whatever you want to call it, MADD and others are lobbying for new measures to assess and penalize driving while under the influence. Let's not kid ourselves, "harmless" or not, I don't want to contemplate roadways packed with partakers instant messaging smartphone videos of their shenanigans at such parties.

"Hey dude, where's my car?

Oh yeah, I'm driving it, - whoa, cool.

Hey, Sgt Stedenko, wassup?"

Last edited:
IMG_0183.JPG
A friend in Amsterdam complained about the heat. I just asker her to focus on the picture taken today from Boulder, CO.

One of my brothers who lives in colorado just recently had 6" of hail drop out of the sky. Golf-ball sized or larger. He was driving back to Eagle when it fell and his car was ruined...

I only got a large pile of not quite destructive hail enough to make the yard white.
Go about 5-10 miles to the southwest and you got real damage. I am getting used to seeing cars with blue tape on them from a recent glass replacement. Also a mall in Golden has been closed for maybe two weeks.