The Unvailing of the ???? at the CES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"I don't know about the Philips mid you mentioned, but I cannot see the 15" bass driver being a Volt, somehow.
The larger Volt units like this usually (always?) have the front-located 'spider' arrangement which you would readily see on the Rushmere pics. "

Well in such case I was waaay out of target with my "hip shot", or is it shoot? ;)

/Lucky Luke

I was wondering how hot the rushmore runs.... It does not look like there is that much heatsink surface to dispensate 300 Watts.

Attachments

• rushmore.jpg
    rushmore.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 388
That is correct. So the heatsink has a height of 50" and a width of approximately 12". But just half of that width is covered with fins.

I have just finished a aleph 5 and for two channels (300 Watts) I use a heatsink of 12"*28"*3,25", which I think is comparable to the ruchmores. If it is turned on and doing (almost) nothing for about a hour, it gets pretty hot, bearly touchable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.