The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don't think so, although danger for instability may occur with any change in such wide bandwidth systems. The current should be set far higher with a much smaller control resistor of course. 9640 has much more parasitic capacitance (a price to pay with stronger silicon die) vs the 9610. So that's a change. It will also be a less effective CCS as the frequency goes higher. Mainly beyond the audio band.

Reflektor 10V

Hi,

I would like to build a Reflektor @10V and 300mA. May I know if the attached circuit is OK. Basically it's a redrawn of the original circuit at post #4287, with the following changes:

• Certain R and C values are updated, based on schematics of some later posts;
  • J1 is a BF861A (Idss 3.2mA - 5.5mA) as I have some stocks, and I use R4 of 50ohm to give around 2.5mA of Id
  • M2 is IRLZ24, leftovers from another project. Is this MOSFET ok?
Thanks and regards.

Attachments

• Reflektor 10Va - Schematic.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IRLZ24npbf.pdf
    766 KB · Views: 76
Thanks, and I have another question, is it possible to use 2 positive Reflektor to create a dual rail supply, by having separate transformer secondaries and rectifier bridges, like in the attached schematic.

I want to use this to power a Kuartlotron buffer by Keantoken.

Thanks and regards.

Attachments

• Reflektor 10V dual - Schematic.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 140
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
When stacking same polarities to dual its like when stacking batteries. Arrange the Kelvin wiring like in the attached drawing. You may use more LEDS and smaller trimmer value to have the best part of the 10Vout made up by active parts.

Attachments

• PSU Symmetry 2 x Positive.jpg
    PSU Symmetry 2 x Positive.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 348
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Trace it out carefully against the original circuit. BTW, there is an open connection between the two Leds in that drawing from George, that is some print glitch, it should be connected.
If all is well with the wiring, then you will look for dead semis that do not show VBE or VGS voltages or dead LEDs. Or bad orientations, check pinouts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.