The Renditions - An Anarchy TMM/MTM Build

Parts are in; meets all specifications.
The only question was the 20w resistor, not sure that's large enough.
Might just make two smaller boards for each, which seems easier, neater.

Parts.jpg

These are a big hit here: plenty for everyone, great sound stage, great bass and for a MTM they have a generous listening field , sit/stand/walk around, they do fine.

There was too much fill in my boxes, so that was a quick fix, turns out don't really need much. Padded the tweeter down with a slightly larger resistor - until these
new parts are broken in.

Using the white boxes for the last couple of weeks, 90% of the time the sound is fascinating, the other 10% there's just too much bass; but that said the white boxes are much larger than the 1.1ft3 Renditions.
FYI, Anarchy woofer does produce some very interesting, accurate, bass notes.

There's another set of boxes here with very close dimensions to the original TMM on post #1 - well that is if the bottom is off (or add an internal divider) with a new 2.5" round port installed.

1point1.jpg

Spent the day as hoped; replaced the tweeters, made new xo's and moved everything around.
These new TMM's are not Renditions, only boxes that are very close to the original plans.
However another great success!!! The bass is tighter and now better/clearer midrange - couldn't be happier :D

Some new test results for the white mtm's.
I had forgotten that the Y cable from sound card to amp was 25' - and it was wired backwards. So some quick fixes with a new cable and now seeing better results.
Also changed the series tweeter resistor to 3.3ohm; dialed-in by ear but also looks good on paper.

Attachments

• MTM.jpg
    MTM.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Having good luck with the Anarchy's. The last experiment which was easy/fast put 4 of them in the white box (post 4), no tweeter/xo and just using it for a sub woofer. It's working great and sails past 30hz no problem. Wired them parallel, then series for a single 8 ohm load, getting plenty of bass with minimal cone movement
The tall box is a "double" with 4 slot ports, 9" x .75" x 18" btw.

Going back to the OP, I would like a pair of Renditions, with front port(s), so thinking something like this:

Btm port.jpg

A rendition of the Renditions :D

Kept what I could the same, box is 1.1 cf, with a 9" x 3/4" port. Which is a little long, or maybe the screen and fill are restricting air flow a bit.

Attachments

• RENDITION Sampe.jpg
    RENDITION Sampe.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 326
  • Renditon.jpg
    Renditon.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 325
This has been on the back burner for a while, a D'Appolito configuration.
Only have one passive board right now, but that's enough to test.
O.D. of box is 9"

A shout out for Sound Group!!! They shipped fast, the transaction was less than a week :D

Attachments

• IMG_1485.JPG
    IMG_1485.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 14 20.jpg
    14 20.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Norm, Didn't have much time to test them, but I didn't hear much difference between the the two. The bass may be a little stronger with the TMM vs. the MTM, but IDK.

Keith, The fill is not the typical heavy (expensive) damping material, it's from the craft store; super cheap. The ploy is to fill the box loosely and evenly. Need to be careful though, they don't always have this cotton-type stuffing and poly-fill won't work at all.
Did you happen to see the white filter material at the port? That keeps fill out of the port.

The red felt? That was on sale at the same fabric store, something like $2.99 a yard, but they only had two colors, pink and red.