The Phonoclone and VSPS PCB Help Desk

Playing with capacitors, cables and similar nonsense is ideal thing for people who are not versed in electronics.. so they have something to do..
That is why it happens that someone cares about choosing a capacitor, but then use completely wrong opamp..

So you are saying that Richard, the designer, has chosen the COMPLETLY wrong opamp?

Can't you just stuff a sock in it? You are antagonistic, hostile and contribute nothing but vitriol.

Funny, I have both and prefer the Phonoclone 3. Listening trumps your opinion. Now, go away.

You have VSPS for MC cartridges.. I'm not sure that you read carefully..
In electronics there is no opinion, just the facts..
And they are.. OPA27 is funny chip compared to the AD797.. two opamp with great feedback distorting more than one with a smaller.. X-Reg is not a voltage stabilizer, all filtering depends on the quality of used capacitors..

Oh, not true. I have a VSPS for my HO mc cart and have my Phonoclone set to use the same cart. So I can compare them. You must be mistaken. But I am tired of you so enjoy your mental masturbations. Keep tilting at windmills. Wait a minute, you just said there IS a difference in caps. I must not have read correctly.

Last edited:
... also if you crave 'exactness' why are you listening to vinyl anyway?

CD's are far superior in every measurable way. Look at the output of any half decent CD spinner in any technical way you wish and it will be 'better' than my LP12.

... but it will sound worse.

I listen to music, not waveforms, jitter, distortion, wow etc.

If it sounds better, it is better.

Simples :D

Last edited:
Measure the output of any half decent CD spinner in any technical way and it will be 'better'
are you sure?
CD is based on the computer technology that was available in the late 1970s.
It is almost pre-historic in what it can achieve and yet we find that they have introduce a least a couple of worse performing lossy compressed digital formats.

Try measuring the distortion of a 5kHz, -40dBfs CD signal.
I haven't done the comparison but I'll guess the LP performs far better than the CD.

Attachments

• VSPS MC.JPG
    VSPS MC.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 280
  • VSPS MC.gif
    VSPS MC.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 271