The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Hmm... Could this possibly be the exact same car??

Mirage Registry

By the way, nice build.

Yep...... That posting you reference is about 10 years old..... Many more mods since then, to include bigger turbo's, active traction control, etc, etc. Thanks for digging up that old info for me--I had forgotten about it!

Yes...... Body panels from Brad and Tim Lovette, all else original.....and if I turn up the turbo boost, I have more horsepower than the original McLarens. With the bigger turbo's, I now can run 1,000+ HP at the flywheel (although I could not guarantee the transaxle would survive that!)

collected some nasty school virus from my kiddo - throat sore , cough , feeling temp without temp , headache , feel that my eyes are going to leak out

:rofl:

besides that , life is good

ZM..... If you have the crud I had about a month ago (small world, isn't it....) it will knock you on your butt for about a month.

Kiddo's = petri dish for bacteria......

Joined 2006
Paid Member
And now, being newly married, I have been advised that my stone TT prototype has to be removed from our home of love and mutual understanding.

Wussy....

My response was that my prototype water powered lithoturntable was a visual arts statement of the visual art form held by most experts as being the pinnacle of such achievement as well as being of the highest sonic standards imaginable. [[There have been but few expressions of a contrary opinion.]]

So you were able to compensate for the viscosity of water vs. temperature problem?

The speedy rejoinder from swnowmbo was that that was all a load of crap and that I needed my head examined yet again......

Considering that you hang around here I have to agree with her and can provide you the name of a couple of good head examiners.....(you can guess how I came across that information) :rolleyes:

PS: My fishing pal's daschounds' guessed that it was water powered and they do try to get it in motion again every time they see it. At least I imagine so as they cannot possibly be expressing an opinion on the visual and artistic merits of such a unique artefact!

Well - usually they chew things up or dig a hole and bury it - so consider yourself lucky!!!

Never fear for I shall toil onwards myself..... :whacko:

Thanks c2c......pleased that someone takes my situation seriously re my TT.

Re. temperature / speed control problems I find a varispeed replay adds greatly to the artistic impact of recorded music. So for me the speed variation of my design is a big plus..especially for replay of C&W music and also for Bach organ music........the 16 and 32 foot pipes when heard through my 1.5" full range no-baffle system is just not tp be missed.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thanks c2c......pleased that someone takes my situation seriously re my TT.

Re. temperature / speed control problems I find a varispeed replay adds greatly to the artistic impact of recorded music. So for me the speed variation of my design is a big plus..especially for replay of C&W music and also for Bach organ music........the 16 and 32 foot pipes when heard through my 1.5" full range no-baffle system is just not tp be missed.

I'm gonna use a fish tank heater to keep water temp stable and imagine that it should give it a "warm" sound to boot.... :D:D:D

As far as the full range 1.5" no-baffle system I'm thinking that you must be affixing said speakers to your noggin with some sort of elastic headband and duct tape....

Attachments

• DuctTape.png
    DuctTape.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 142
Get well ZM. These temperature swings and unstable weather create good confitions for viruses and bad for our immune system. But I am sure that you'll get better soon, especially if you apply some rakija :) By the way, a joke I heard yesterday: Car mechanic meets the customer after inspection and says: -I have bad and good news.
Customer: the bad one?
Mechanic: Your flywheel is gone
C: and the good one?
M: I feel much better now; I got rid of that nasty virus that I had last week :D

Last edited: