The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
From C5 Performance:

Staffan,

If you use a "total loss" system simply connect our coils and ignition to the battery using an "on-off" switch.
If you use a small magnetic alternator you'd need a regulator/rectifier, a large capacitor for the coils, and our battery eliminator kit for the ignition.

You will not need anything else. Our ignition module is what turns the coil signal on and off.
The stepping up 12v to a higher voltage is what a coil does, and since we are not a CDI type ignition our coils use 12 volts directly.

Only a CDI type ignition steps up voltage before the coil.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Joined 2011
Paid Member
what they're saying for multicyl. distribution and , also, advancing ?

that later one is impooooortant

All that shall be done by the Ignition Module which has 4 pre programmed curves. Can also be ordered with a programmable computer interface for $75 extra.

Now I found that the same modules seems to be sold under different brands.

Honda 750 Ignition Electrical System Components

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Expecting snow and ice stuff here around Nashville and the other southern states of USA. It is pretty rare to see this type of weather here so we put the weather forecast into terms that the locals can understand..... After all - I didn't spend twenty years playing with meteorological gear for nothing!!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Snow Forecast.jpg
    Snow Forecast.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 89
Joined 2011
Paid Member
"Inga". An "r" to much. Easy when your drunk;)

More ignition info:

Cycle X is a speed shop two hours from me. They also sell ignitions using the same technology as I do.
We use slightly different parts sometimes but the technology is identical.

The ignitions were invented by two brothers in Iowa, which is 7 hours from my house.

Paul

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• The Muppet Show - The Swedish Chef - YouTube.jpg
    The Muppet Show - The Swedish Chef - YouTube.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited: