The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Q for my kwayzeesuedeflyingboy

say that you have 360 phased parallel twin , with two carbs

say Rebel or XS600 , whatever

it seems to me that having two carbs is wakoo thing , each of them sitting for 360 , waiting on his turn

isn't having just one carb , with common manifold for both cylinders , way to simplify things ..... if nothing else , you don't need synchronizing them anymore ...... while not loosing any power .....

so , what ya , jury , say ?

edit : no , there is no way that I'm going to rephase crappy 125 crank & camshaft , so don't even mention it :rofl:

It can have some issues with opening and closing periods of the intake and exhaust valves. Construction wise it might be a small win but no biggie. But if its made for two, maybe to squeeze sum extra juice out, I'd keep it like that.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
bummer ;)
I know - two short (damn - original are plastikyrubber) direct manifolds are better than Y shaped common one ........

though - I need to rearrange/remove childishly made air filter box and Y rubber to it , and squeeze two KN-like cone filters there ...

so , two , be it

anything new with your steam powered dragster ?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
bummer ;)
I know - two short (damn - original are plastikyrubber) direct manifolds are better than Y shaped common one ........

though - I need to rearrange/remove childishly made air filter box and Y rubber to it , and squeeze two KN-like cone filters there ...

so , two , be it

anything new with your steam powered dragster ?

K/N filters or funnels is way to go.

Well, did some extra TIG welding yesterday, didnt trust the ones that were. Gas and oil tank is under manufactoring. Must do some painting to avoid rust after welding tomorrow.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
removed nasty hd-like hump from tank , working on nice tidy back fender ....

in fact , working in same time on myriad of things/details ..... but you know how's that ....

Ya. B4 u rip out electrics or sumethink be sure to document. Its not what you're used to. No star grounds there.

New welds on the crown. Dont want to loose that at 200 mph.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 124
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

New welds on the crown. Dont want to loose that at 200 mph.

me likee ;)

Ya. B4 u rip out electrics or sumethink be sure to document. Its not what you're used to. No star grounds there.

several yrs ago I made R25 beemer's nest simpler , have two boats from scratch (ok , under 15m) under the belt , so why hdwanabee would be more demanding .....

:cheers:

Joined 2011
Paid Member
me likee ;)

several yrs ago I made R25 beemer's nest simpler , have two boats from scratch (ok , under 15m) under the belt , so why hdwanabee would be more demanding .....

:cheers:

Did u do them 12 V? I've been puzzling with what to do with the oil-ship. Can do regular 12, then all the common gear work. Can do 24 then all PRO gear work. Maybe do a 3 or 4 copper line system with -12 - 0 - + 12 V then I have the options. W 24 I can regulate to 12 and have safe computer voltage. What do the big guys do? Dutch boat freak?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
on smaller one (7m) I made 12V , on bigger one (12m5) I made 12V, 24V ,220Vac ;

but 24V was made with temporary stacking relay for two 12V accus , just for starter when needed

later we toss that , replacing starter for fast 12V one , ,alternator goes from 24 to 12V too .

that allows us also to mount few 12V solar panels with regs

Jaccolina is certainly more informed about best praxis , in meantime I think that's best if you make it as in trucks - two stacked 12V accu (groups) , then separate routes to 12V consumers and 24V consumers , with small 24 to 12V local regs , for small power 12V consumers

it is certainly least risky

btw. hdwannabe will get simpler wire harness , no doubt

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ok cool,

Lets hear what the dutch dude says. Now I'm going up to the local church to hear if they are interested in distributing groceries to the needing over christmas. I started a thread here on a community facebook page and got many willing. I just cant bear going eating for a whole holliday while knowing people are sitting freezing in corners.

Merry x-mas dodos.