The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

how to process Harrods pudding

Toss it in the dumpster or give it away as a present, to someone you hate.

Cheese i brought along from the ETF at Stella Plage, me only hate D-queso, and tarte a la mousse au chocolat (amandes).
Skipped some, we had 3 of 5 courses in front of the TV (manana zee rest).

Got ya, the thermometer behind my zipper turns into hide and seek.

Last edited:
No Xmas dinner here. Table's somehow occupied :eek:

Attachments

• g385_1000.jpg
    g385_1000.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 162
Best Holiday Wishes

I am not able to keep up with the multilingual in-group puns - jacco especially seems incapable of lack of wit!

So here is something pretty far off topic, from a small town near Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. The building was originally an adobe barracks for the US Army, built about 150 years ago. Now I know that 150 years is nothing in Europe, but consider 1) adobe is mud, and that ain't bad for a mud building and 2) it's right on the Old Santa Fe Trail, which ran from the midwest down into Santa Fe and is the route via which Americans came in and took New Mexico away from the Spanish who took it away from the natives in 1680. The US Army only ever built 4 adobe buildings - there is a factoid that even ZM didn't know!

The Virgin of Guadeloupe is painted outside by the front door. The women are my wife and her best friend, who grew up on ranches around here. Her friend still raises cattle on a ranch of about 18 square miles which is a lot of hectares (about 4.662). That's a medium-sized ranch around here. Which is another amazing factoid!

But I'm getting off topic. The Virgin is also inside the house - see the second picture. And she has some really nice turquoise!

Best Holiday Wishes to Everyone!

Attachments

• adobe xmas sm.jpg
    adobe xmas sm.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 152
  • virgin of guadelupe sm.jpg
    virgin of guadelupe sm.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 155