The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

are you Dodo , too ?

:clown:
I am working on a new speaker it has two woofers and two tweeters.
The woofers are 30mm and the tweeters are 24mm but I want bigger.
Hoping to fit 32mm woofers and may be 25mm tweeters.

20130831_143553.jpg

Joined 2006
Paid Member

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Designing proper crossover network iz gonna be a little tricky but when properly tweaked should sing nicely when attached to tuned exhaust port... :D:D:D

BTW - the dachshunds message for the day iz image below. Appropriate for users of Papa's class A amplifiers..... Now that the hot months of summer will soon be past us I figure that people will be firing up the amps to keep the house warm.... :cool:

Attachments

• Power - With Great Power Poster.jpg
    Power - With Great Power Poster.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I had a vintage version when I was but 18 years old!
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=
:Pinoc:

Here is a picture of it in location...you will see that it was an early stereo version.

Important to keep the ports polished for waf reasons.;)

You will see that the serial number really does sum-up this post pretty well!!:D

Attachments

• Anzani-002.jpg
    Anzani-002.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 61
The pic is of an up-dated version. It is not 100% original. The lights were added at the same time as the second channel so that placing the needle in the groove could be easily facilitated at night. The really observant/savant viewer will notice the suspension system...independent vertical spring loaded. This is to decrease feedback. The rebound springs are to save the record should you drop the stylus too heavily on the record.

Designing proper crossover network iz gonna be a little tricky but when properly tweaked should sing nicely when attached to tuned exhaust port... :D:D:D

BTW - the dachshunds message for the day iz image below. Appropriate for users of Papa's class A amplifiers..... Now that the hot months of summer will soon be past us I figure that people will be firing up the amps to keep the house warm.... :cool:

Still deciding what x-max should be

20130831_143553.jpg

How dodoeish of you. How’s one meant to know how big those things are do us favour and get reference BIC lighter please..

Bit of carbide paste and elbow grease after ?

Is going to be pain to fit the 25 tweeters. I mean the room is there but head gasket won't like it

Last edited:
How dodoeish of you. How’s one meant to know how big those things are do us favour and get reference BIC lighter please..

Bit of carbide paste and elbow grease after ?

Is going to be pain to fit the 25 tweeters. I mean the room is there but head gasket won't like it

I have a very dumb cunning plan or is it a cunning dumb plan. :devilr:

I have increased the piston size by +8mm. The gaskets clear the audio combustion chamber by +4mm all the way around.