The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I both proud and ashamed. Dryer went out and repair man wanted $250 to fix it. I decided to give a looksy and see what was wrong. Burnt out relay. $4. I am ashamed only because of how puffy I am feeling about this menial task. DIy rocks.

Good going Buzz. A couple of years ago I replaced the heating element on mine. Needless to say while I'm reminding myself to make sure that it's unplugged from the wall that I'm looking at all of the cheap parts in it and asking myself how in the blazes this thing could cost $900....

Cost of heater element - I think it was like around $20 bucks plus shipping.:D:D:D

Just got back from family vacation. I wanted to share some picks and figured this was as good a place as any. We watched set up during the day with the kids and the wife and I came back in the evening for the show. This place is cool....

Attachments

• DSC01938.jpg
    DSC01938.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01934.jpg
    DSC01934.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01933.jpg
    DSC01933.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01939.jpg
    DSC01939.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01930.jpg
    DSC01930.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
shouldn't that be

For the record, the welfare/welcare/safety of others has always had priority over my own.
I'm the muthafckr who jumps in the water, bareteeth, to save your steak from a shark.
Or the John who pulls you out of a burning building, with a reanimation certificate, who also finds that kind of stuff exciting.
I'm also the fall guy, who usually get's the blame, after sticking his neck out for others. But ol' habits are hard to change.

(DIY enough, and you'll notice that 9 of 10 'professionals' suck at what they do)

Last edited:
Just repaired the smps in the kitchen TV set.....about 10 dollars worth of low-med grade elcaps put in place of total garbage originals. TV shop....£UK180 + 20% tax for replacement board...no other option. When I said it was the caps (Bulging) we don't have one cap in the workshop....they don't have a proper soldering iron either. As you say "professionals".