The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
it's too early for taking it in public entirely

Ultrasymmetry (even if Pa said recently that thing like that doesn't exist in our Universe and neighboring ones :clown: ) , DC coupled from input grid to output , settable gain , all sorts of bal/unbal conversions , nice THD spectra , volume attenuator at output , connected just as shunt resistance ........... and still having just few elements in gain chain

so , nothing new under the sun but - as I said - still working in my head only (Big Badaboom!) and in LTSpice ( my newest toy )

however - it's too complicated for you ( or anyone else ) to try it PtP right now

Last edited:
I got sick just looking at it. I need a balanced preamp. You know a good design:D I have your Pumpkin in crappy pcb software with all SMD thingies. Gonna go head to head with symmetrical thingie with fancy feedback. Need to take medicine...focus.

any benefit to balanced RIAA. Thought about feeding signal through splitter Xformer and then into LTP RIAA, aka Salas simplsitic with fancy feedback. Nelson seems to liek to keep it as quiet and distortion free until the very end. What you think? Where is that Audio snob Jacco when you need him.

Last edited:
however - it's too complicated for you ( or anyone else ) to try it PtP right now

You just leatle teease
Going to post link in the morow...

Sound interesting so keep me/ us posted and yes noticed 8 leghed servo?

And any chance of a bit more space between traks this time.

OFF TOPIC off topic topic and PS
did you know about:Pumpkin: records records?

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Que ?

Attachments

• Que.jpg
    Que.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 95
Joined 2006
Paid Member

Image 1.) Brain activity map for normal human (I'm jealous) :rolleyes:
Image 2.) Brain activity map for human after visit to Pass Pub looking at ZM stuff.
Image 3.) Brain activity map for c2c - on a good day..... :D:D:D

Attachments

• The Human Connectome Project - Relating Brain Circuits to Behavior.gif
    The Human Connectome Project - Relating Brain Circuits to Behavior.gif
    71.7 KB · Views: 82
  • BrainWiring1.jpg
    BrainWiring1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 86
  • Brain Activity Map - for c2c.JPG
    Brain Activity Map - for c2c.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 85
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I got sick just looking at it. I need a balanced preamp. You know a good design:D I have your Pumpkin in crappy pcb software with all SMD thingies. Gonna go head to head with symmetrical thingie with fancy feedback. Need to take medicine...focus.

any benefit to balanced RIAA. Thought about feeding signal through splitter Xformer and then into LTP RIAA, aka Salas simplsitic with fancy feedback. Nelson seems to liek to keep it as quiet and distortion free until the very end. What you think? Where is that Audio snob Jacco when you need him.

one clever ( unfortunally - late ) guy was speaking good about balanced cart loading

his book - Super Preamp Cook Book , is sort of tech. literature from which even Migty ZM , as Etalon of Greenhorness , can grasp thing or two ......

whatever - regarding RIAA EQ , I'm in sort of mu phase ; not wasting time on other's , but waiting patiently for clicketeclick in my Big Badaboom - to make long time dreamed LR EQ-ed .

most probably balanced , and most probably hybrid and most probably DC coupled all the way

( even if I know two great guys , one saying " give them purists Elna SIlmic in chain , then laugh like old Chinese in Opium Bar" ....... second one saying - "give them 5 same tubes , with 547 kilo of Iron , and serve Mono , while collecting Yen in Stereo " ........ and both of them are more than rightly right in approach )

name any of popular phono stages in last 30 or so years ( or even older .... much older ) ....... I made at least 85% of them

bloody Pilgrim ZM ...... good is that I started enjoying in travel itself

or I'm just already mad , who cares

;)

one clever guy

Me frequently miss the email conversation with him, suave and witty man.

(Today's Kung-Fck-you's fortune cookie reads : 53 days left of 2-year probation of 6-months suspended, due to Xray skull fracture by single blow.
g/f said she'll throw me out next time I hits hospital grade on public street, the next time she stated I sures makes her feels so safe. Pff, women)

strong wushu.

Only strong green tea with a dash of milk, please.

Smart-Stranger man does medical degree, works in hospital, and finds out what the exact angle is to hit nose bone that janks it through the os ethmoidale right up in head.
And did judo at age 12, aikido at 15, karaté, pentjak silat, savate, boxing, plus wizzard of knives, and various weird sheit since age ~8.
Croc Dundee says : Eer mate, that's not a knife, this is.

But also did Zappa at 13, Doors at 14, David Bowie/Lou Reed/Iggy Pop at 15.
And Robert Crumb lover since age 12.

(not so happy childhood, luxury youth dad only interested in factory, mom alcoholic, youngest sister junkie and dead at 40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3CHi_9sxj0

Last edited: