The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 9.07.36 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 9.07.36 AM.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 138
That is a famous UK made TVR!!!!!

They made some pretty nippy cars.

I had a works prototype of a proposed 'new model' - with Shelby Cobra engine, BW T10, etc etc. It caused the first bankruptcy for TVR and became a marque under the Trident name. Mine was a pig ... a very very fast pig! I'll dig out an old pic and post it here.

[The car is now in Switzerland having been completely rebuilt]

Joined 2006
Paid Member
BTW, Thomas, when are we going to start calling you by your real name? I guess when you guys start calling me Gordon, huh?

My 1st given name is Albert. I was born as a the III in the line and thus Grandfather wuz using "Al" and dad wuz using "Bert" (among several other names, as we found out later) and that left me with Thomas. I like to tell people that I'm grateful that I wasn't born IV in the line..... :rolleyes:

BTW - can we call you Gordo???

Here is a pic of the Trident Clipper. They had various Ford, Buick and chrysler V8 engines, mine having a 4.8 Shelby, blueprinted and 2 4 barrel Hollys. It was timed officially 0-100mph at 12.4 secs and would hit 140mph in third gear.
That led to the clutch plate disintegrating...I replaced it with a Wolfe road race clutch and a few thousand miles later the timing chain snapped. Sold it to my dentist who had engine rebuilt .... frightened himself, so sold it on! It was the fastest sub 7 litre car built in the UK at that time. (late 1960s).

If interested google 'trident clipper' and 'TVR Trident'

{the pic is a stock pic}

Attachments

• Trident-Clipper_mp544_pic_26397.jpg
    Trident-Clipper_mp544_pic_26397.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 104
What a beauty! Real gem.
Many years ago I use to have Mustang with similar engine and 2 4 barrel Hollys. When properly tuned, it was almost impossible to drive, rear wheels would smoke all the time on traffic light, without me trying to do that. The sucker was 9 - 12 miles per gallon, requiring any time I wanted to drive to first be aware off the vicinity of gas pump.