The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes of course adomesticated ones but trifids neverthe less.
:D

The triffid is a tall, mobile, carnivorous, prolific and highly venomous fictional plant species—the titular antagonist in John Wyndham's 1951 novel The Day of the Triffids and Simon Clark's 2001 sequel The Night of the Triffids.

Triffid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmmmmmmmmm - no thanks. I have Dachshunds to guard nice speakers.... Well - they are nice speakers to me anyway.... :D:D:D

Igor, you know what is terrible?
In the communist world, I felt that I should work with.
This has earned the honor.
Although I've never been near any of the Communist Party, (I and my family is also hated them) but I was working with high honors.
But now we're just destitute.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well

I don't need nuttin'

even AP (tweaker's dream) , which I don't have ....

life is good

;)

Attachments

• pippi-longstocking.jpg
    pippi-longstocking.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 69
The triffid is a tall, mobile, carnivorous, prolific and highly venomous fictional plant species—the titular antagonist in John Wyndham's 1951 novel The Day of the Triffids and Simon Clark's 2001 sequel The Night of the Triffids.

Triffid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmmmmmmmmm - no thanks. I have Dachshunds to guard nice speakers.... Well - they are nice speakers to me anyway.... :D:D:D

Is also reported to be a silica based life form which is different from the reported life forms in this solar system as long time ago the silica based life forms where exterminated by a bunch of moustached aliens.

Tiny little bones of which can be glued togetere and when exited by electromagnetically gaga magic’s can make exiting things came out of paper hats. (Noise like thingy).

Naturaly the silica based life forms decided not to bother us any more as it has been reported than moustached good has large folloving of disciples trying to hoard as many as possible of the tiny little bones

OF the top of my head as I remember the black and white movie when I was coerced in to wearing short trousers and the rest I made up as it is FUNNY (on my planet at least) so maybe 40 od years old
No we did not have colour telly till late in the 70

We reserve the liberty to underline spelling mistakes and to quote the wrong movie as well (why not?)

Last edited:
Now a beer brand CAN be replaced!:).......and eventually loved as well, but for different reasons.;)

It can not replaced me now.
This has an unbeatable price-performance relationship,
My poor stomach had not been taken before, only the Stella Artois beer.
But that brand changed in a negative price and quality.
I am a conservative one, for me the important factor of stability.
Well, this is unlikely to be counted today.

ZM,

I found a few BY prints and have scanned them.:)
1) Complete 845 dual mono throughout, 4mm copper chassis with 25Micron pure silver plate.
2) the pres - with transformer vol. controls - just about ready for testing. I forget which tubes. Best preamps I have ever heard. Total magic.:):)
3)same system with speakers lurking in the background. (The bright silver finish was shutting down the flash)
4) A "High End" system, one of I think 11 systems all in the same house. I felt that it sounded terrible - but, to be fair - the Wilson Whamms had not been set up by the designer. That was to follow a week later when they had been used for a few hundred hours.

These pics are poor quality as I was having a lot of camera trouble back then in early 90s. Also my scanner is crap!!

Attachments

• 811.jpg033.jpg
    811.jpg033.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 96
  • pre mono1.jpg037.jpg
    pre mono1.jpg037.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 102
  • wamms.jpg032.jpg
    wamms.jpg032.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 100
  • whammm.jpg035.jpg
    whammm.jpg035.jpg