The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

We are just beginning to dry out from the one of the biggest rain storms ever experienced in California. The driving rain as I drove home on the freeway Sunday limited visibility to 100 meters or less and the wind blew my pickup truck around like it was kite!

How's the weather where you are???

because I hate strong winds.
We had some big wind yesterday and more on the way I hear.
I am not like you Gyuri, I really like strong winds if there is no danger. I like to walk and have it push me around. I like to be near the water and see the waves. I like this time of year when leaves are flying around.
What I don't like are power outages.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
We are just beginning to dry out from the one of the biggest rain storms ever experienced in California. The driving rain as I drove home on the freeway Sunday limited visibility to 100 meters or less and the wind blew my pickup truck around like it was kite!

We got 0.3 inches of rain here in SoCal, Coastal OC.

But it's good, you guys keep filling up those big reservoirs and send us water.

Actually, here in The OC we have our own aquifer which cost us billions of dollars to build and maintain so we don't import much water. But, you won't hear that in the news.

But the City of LA needs water... they got water mains that keep bursting...

Joined 2010
Paid Member

Hey, we're in the USA.

Are those metric or standard meters? We got yards, feet, inches, cubits.. but no meters.

Or as they say over there.... 'metres'.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm gonna start measuring the power of my amplifiers in Clydesdale Power:

1 Clyde = 1.45 horsepower = 1081.7 watts. It works well because it's close to one of them metric Kilowatts.

Since the Clyde is such a large number, we'll need the Dalmatian, Dalma for short.

1 Clyde = 144 Dalmas

1 Dalma = 5.5112 watts.

So, my house will use 800.458 ClydeH per month.

My clone Pass A5s will be rated around 11.9811 Dalmas.

There you go.... then of course you got the forthnight calculations... why should we do Clydehours when we can do Clydeforthnight?

Who needs the metric system when you can measure things in terms of big horses, nice dogs and you can relax for a forthnight, or two, instead of being stressed second by second? :)