The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

my daughter defended her PhD dissertation in the field of space sciences.

This Is GREAT! :up:
Will we have a new Astrosamantha? :)

AstroSamantha.jpg
Complmenti! A Trappist for you :cheers:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
We ought to get together. I know our wives would put a quick end to this banter.

Albert, thanks for joining us but would you please do it more often? You make the natives restless when you don't show up. We miss you.

1. We must be careful about giving them any more ammo to use against us Cal, and getting them together could do just that. I can see them now sitting together in the corner telling each other about how many times they have had to save our butts or put us right.

2. Yes, I will be more attentive in the future now that the family tree research has cooled down. :D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Where you live there must be a good few members who could help fix your amp? [None hereabouts that I know about to help me!] Still waiting to finish ZM M25 boards which he built for me...just need a power supply and external connections to work.

All the best and look forward to your next report...keep well.

I have some people that build speakers around but sadly the only person I knew that could do electronics has passed on plus I can't be around the saw dust or solder smoke any more. I do miss it and could solder very well because I was trained to solder to NASA standards as part of my work.

I find that in todays world all that I need to enjoy decent music is an internet connection and some headphones. :D

Today I've tried to cure the pain in my right side.
If it is because a nephrolith, I'm on the way of healing.
If it is because of my liver, then I put some shovels of soil on myself.

Dear Thomas,
It is really nice to me to see you are here!
May I ask, you have your foil hat?
If yes, can you put it on your head, and pm to me some of your secret thoughts about our crazy world?
Your opinions matters to me!
BTW, are you preparing for the next total solar eclipse?

Great to hear from you again Thomas

Having developed a VERY shaky right hand soldering is exceptionally difficult and having blown up TWO power amps which were well built by AndrewT I feel great sympathy for both of us. :eek:
keep well.

Have you tried it with left hand?
Please bear in mind, I'm a crude and evil little thing.
Like Gargamel.
But I'm in a same shoes as you, because of my dimmed sights.

I have some people that build speakers around but sadly the only person I knew that could do electronics has passed on plus I can't be around the saw dust or solder smoke any more. I do miss it and could solder very well because I was trained to solder to NASA standards as part of my work.

I find that in todays world all that I need to enjoy decent music is an internet connection and some headphones. :D

Would a decent fan strong enough to get the smoke away before reaching your nose/mouth level be a possible answer?

I am jealous of your obvious skill with solder...mine was never brilliant! Though I did repair several SPU type cartridges many years ago.

Also my skills with turbines are awful....I never did get that water driven granite TT to work properly. :rolleyes: