The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Had all of the tests today and all seem to have been good! Seems that with early Easter the surgery will be around my 76th Birthday!!! (12 April).

Best - and only - Spring-like day here...little snow left and reached 9C with a very slow warm wind! Very cheerful now as it seems that the surgery is less painful than the hernia I had a couple of years ago...just takes longer to heal.

Stajo!

Thanks chum....It has been too cold here for me this year to do more than a couple of hours fishing...but - that is about to change in about 3 months with a re=plumbed boiler! :D

Three years ago I met an old gut, VERY small - like a flat race jockey...I asked him what he was doing at Easter. He told me that he was going to do a bike rally of the Highlands on his 1000cc HRG. He then told me that he had every model of the Vincents & HRGs ever made. He followed that by saying that he was 84. I was amazed. But poor man went downhill quickly with a stroke and died a year later. His name was Sir David Godsell and the only other person with that family name that I know of is a Peter - a designer of salmon Fly Lines. :)

Go safely on those bikes. ;)

Hello Pubsters,

Gotta question for ya. Why is saying it's a dog's life, a bad thing? I can only get away with this after a bottle or two of rum.

Attachments

• DSCN9223.jpg
    DSCN9223.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 139