The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Concerts have been cancelled due to the passing of his wife, but everything from June 8 and beyond still looks good.
Maybe the last chance to see and hear Sir Voice live, TJ turns 76 in a couple of months.

Me on 3AM pee duty call, but young animals are still so cool to experience up close on a daily progress basis.
This one's a smarty with Alpha leader qualities, he'll be a grand security officer (even thought of registering Caesar as CEO of my C-company, tax dogger)

Attachments

• Cesar2.JPG
    Cesar2.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 77
Joined 2011
Paid Member
To Stajo:
I think readout must work regardless horizontal switches.

Hi,

Readout works. I smashed it together in joy when I thought I had fixed the horizontal mode pushbuttons, but found out I hadnt fixed it. Tho, when I separated the compartments a PSU connector cable got loose, an unfortunately it could sit in like 100 different ways. I tried all combinations on that until I got the little dot back in the corner on the screen. I will try to take the pushbutton thingy out and measure between the pins when I have the opportunity. Thank you for support Gyuri.

I did not know that not only is a point on the screen
I think I can give spiritual support mostly.
It is not nothing, but I suggest you must have to read service manuals.
Regarding loose cable, they usually marked pin 1.
But as you said, you tried it some way, it can causing some short circuit.
So I suggest to check all PSU voltages first.

As I see, it have a different PSU topologies than Tek 485 and Tek 7104, whose are similar. Above two has a very friendly PSU, if you make a short circuit, then it disables, and as SC has gone, it work flavlessly, as if nothing happened.
But these has a special IC, if it has gone, you can throw out the whole thing out of window.

Maybe we can open a new topic about your 7704.

Regards,

Gyuri

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I did not know that not only is a point on the screen
I think I can give spiritual support mostly.
It is not nothing, but I suggest you must have to read service manuals.
Regarding loose cable, they usually marked pin 1.
But as you said, you tried it some way, it can causing some short circuit.
So I suggest to check all PSU voltages first.

As I see, it have a different PSU topologies than Tek 485 and Tek 7104, whose are similar. Above two has a very friendly PSU, if you make a short circuit, then it disables, and as SC has gone, it work flavlessly, as if nothing happened.
But these has a special IC, if it has gone, you can throw out the whole thing out of window.

Maybe we can open a new topic about your 7704.

Regards,

Gyuri

Great idea. I printed the Service Instruction Manual today, the other I had. I will do some studies in the manual and put the 7704 up on the table hopefully to this weekend. Pointless to do it when I dont have time to try out eventual tips.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ripped the pushbutton array out and did a quick test. When no button is pushed in, no pin shorts to any other. When any button is pushed in, all pins shorts to all the other. Guess I can conclude that really is the first and foremost problem right? No need to start a thread on that, or what do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 76