The metal thread!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and of course no metal thread is complete without some mention of alexi liaho and or children of bodom. As a guitar player i LOVE that stuff,
Herehere.

wow thats cool that FINALLY someone else has heard of edguy, theyre pretty big, but for some reason no one knows them. did they do babylon or arrows fly? i love both those songs.
They are quite big here in europe, infact, the whole gangre (spelling?) has grown.
Don't remember all the songs, a while since I listened to them :(
Kai Hansen and Gammaray seemed to have fun too :D

i will be listening to blind guardian on a rocking pair of speakers.
The only downside is that Hansi&Co keep on insisting to use their own studio and I can't say that I like their soundquality :(

124.jpg
Penguins :D

If you like music like edguy, gammaray, Scanner and such, then try to find the band "bloodbound". The records name is Nosferatu.

this is true, i dont know why theyre ragging so much on dimmu borgir, its good music, death cult armageddos is REALLY good with the whoel classical black metal fusion going on!

and mayhem USED to be awesome.....but the new guy is pretty lame looking... too bad euronymous and dead(oh the irony) are both dead.

on the bright side though...less than one year till varg vikernes gets out of jail!

im not a big pantera fan, im not really into thrash, although SOME testament in moderation is ok.

GUYS BIG HEADS UP!

arsis, its like melodic death/black, pandora them if youre lucky youll get the song a diamond for disease, its liek this fantastically melodic song with great lyrics, 12 minutes long, and the lead gutiar is like PURE SHRED through the entire thing but never overbears the rest of the music. My jaw dropped when i heard it.

but right now im lsitening to immortal.

Panteras Walk must be one of the most neckwhippingable ( :D ) songs out there!

And Testaments The gathering is high on my list of records. But over to some of Swedens finest:

Arch Enemy (also played last week)
At the gates (stopped playing)
Entombed (also last week)

I'll look up Arsis as soon as the mixed record of my mate here at work is played through :)

as much as i might get knocked for them being a mroe comemrical band, i really like in flames, this in cludes come clarity(which is surprising cause soundtrack to your escape was so bad)

what abtou dark tranquility as long as were talking swedish melodeath, my dad listens to em, and im a very avid fan(they got me into melodeath in the first place)

im also really enjoying bathorys album hammerheart right now.

My favorite metal is "Zildjian". ''
It's "Paiste" for me.;)

Iron Maiden> Judas Priest> Metallica> Van Halen in descending order of preference.
Anthem must be "Hallowed be thy name" - Iron Maiden; in the college days, we used to perform Iron Maiden the most but of course I was the weakest link(vocals):bawling:

Other favs are "Pain Killer, One Shot at Glory" - J. Priest

Hope Bruce Dickinson goes back to to his earlier style of singing(hate his raspier style)

I'd love to add some Scorpions, Europe and Guns n Roses but these may not be metal:xeye:

Hello all,

How can you forget some nice band like Pantera or Slayer ?

Well, Pantera had finished but their music is not dead. And around one month Slayer sell a new album. All of them started in the 80s, they are not younger than some others " metal " band but I think they can a lot to new groups.

Semi related.

In the news here a couple of days ago they mentioned an academic study about the first generation punk rockers in Sweden, late 1970s-early '80s. It turned out they did very well later in life, having above average education and many working in artistic fields.

I cannot say I was the least bit surprised.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.