The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

Try " Drowned World/Substitute For Love" from the same album. The bass line should shine on your system.

Thanks guys because after hearing those two tracks wesayso presented for us at listening session think will order next time when CD shopping, album seems named "Ray of light" and unfortunate i can't find it on HDTracks site.

:)... is that studio work related to your hands sliding the faders mitchba ?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Do check out their design philosophy... from what I read they put a very big emphasis on time coherency... I only discovered that part after listening to it first.

A big recommendation from me for their efforts. It seems to pay off!

I will check it out. One aspect of amp design topology / philosophy is the use of negative feedback and how much of it to use. I have noticed that on low power SE Class A amps with zero global feedback, the phase/time coherency is noticeable in presentation of the spatial soundstage. Amps with vanishingly low distortion but achieved via large global feedback tends to lose this phase coherency.

Goldmund Telos is like a $40k Class amp - quite different than any thing we work with around here.

Most of the amps that I have made with Aksa tend to have low global feedback - and slightly higher overll THD. However, the THD it has is all in the 2nd and less in 3rd order harmonics and not much in higher harmonics. It makes for a natural presentation that is engaging and lively while being non-fatiguing as it is free if unnatural higher order (and odd-order harmonics). Take for example the FFT from my latest power amp with Aksa - the ALPHA 20, just 6 transistors and decent low THD under 0.0069% at 2.83v into 8ohms - but look at the profile vs typical ultra low THD amp.

661737d1518324741-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-alpha-20-2-87vrms-8ohms-fft-png

We are working on a 52w version of this amp - coming soon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys because after hearing those two tracks wesayso presented for us at listening session think will order next time when CD shopping, album seems named "Ray of light" and unfortunate i can't find it on HDTracks site.

:)... is that studio work related to your hands sliding the faders mitchba ?

Lol, I wish man! While I am not a huge Madonna fan, that album became the signature William Orbit (producer) techno-pop club sound. Quite the groove with that bottom end, best enjoyed with the volume turned way up!

I'm not a huge Madonna fan either, but I was interested in listening to the few songs mentioned here.

Thanks guys... I'm always on the lookout for something I might have missed or never heard before.

Since we are on the topic of sharing, I've been enjoying listening to Voodoo Doll by Dr Lonnie Smith. That's an earful... a way down low bass line, snappy percussion, a stage piano and some woodwinds. Couldn't find a Youtube video of it, but iTunes has a 1-min preview where you can hear what I'm talking about.

Rise Up! by Dr. Lonnie Smith on iTunes

And if I may, here's one close to my heart.
It's a song from back home that gets me every time. It's not the most masterfully produced song, but it may surprise you. It starts as a regular guy and a guitar but picks up by the 1/3rd of it, and by 1/2... a good taste of back home.

It's called Seigneur, by Kevin Parent. This is a low quality version.. again, the best I could find.

YouTube

Nice Perceval guess back home then is French speaking Canada, in my youth was crazy about a Canadian band "SAGA" and joined a couple of live concerts back then in good old days where we were allowed to walk around all over the concert hall and party, so have myself a good memory when playing their live album "In Transit" : )

wesayso introduced me to some high resolution recordings (thanks) first time i was there and late 2017 started get me some from HDTracks site, they have some special ones from Chesky Records without any compression and recorded with a B&K head, think they are interesting listenings so if you interested they have one five track 96kHz Chesky recording for free if you okay create a account and think its very good material to vice versa between head phones and speakers, here is direct link HDtracks Presents: The Sound of the Future | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here is an other for you. I heard it at Munich High End last year over a Living Voice system and it was impressive. It was really load, dynamic and clean with an immense soundscape but at the same time, gentle and hypnotising... System cost 1'' €. Should be good on those arrays I would think...

Massive Attack - No Protection. Track: Cool Monsoon (Weather Storm).

//

Nice Perceval guess back home then is French speaking Canada, in my youth was crazy about a Canadian band "SAGA" and joined a couple of live concerts back then in good old days where we were allowed to walk around all over the concert hall and party, so have myself a good memory when playing their live album "In Transit" : )

wesayso introduced me to some high resolution recordings (thanks) first time i was there and late 2017 started get me some from HDTracks site, they have some special ones from Chesky Records without any compression and recorded with a B&K head, think they are interesting listenings so if you interested they have one five track 96kHz Chesky recording for free if you okay create a account and think its very good material to vice versa between head phones and speakers, here is direct link HDtracks Presents: The Sound of the Future | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads.

Thanks Byrtt,

Yes, back home is French Canada. :)

I loved SAGA! Unfortunately, it was one of those bands that were more popular outside of Canada than within! :(

I do miss the old days of going to concerts without going through security, metal/gun detectors, free to run around, etc...

Thanks for the link in HDTracks. There are a number of free HiRez files available throughout the net, and I like this page that is doing a great job at collecting links to pages with free HiRez downloads. Some of them are quite good.

Free High-Res | H i F i D U I N O

FYI : JOB Products is made by goldmund and the technology look the same and should be the same. I'm sure you can still order a job250. They remove the product 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Wow I never expect to see the name kevin parent here !

He he! Bienvenue!

I actually restrained myself from adding a bunch of others, like Jim Cuddy, The Hip, Zachary Richard, Harmonium, ...

FYI : JOB Products is made by goldmund and the technology look the same and should be the same. I'm sure you can still order a job250. They remove the product 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Wow I never expect to see the name kevin parent here !

I never knew that, good to know ;). They do mention their relation to the Goldmund brand quite clearly.

What we used in this test was a clone, I had only ever seen those Goldmund's as big mono blocks in the pictures of HiFi gatherings powering equally (or even more) expensive speaker setups. :)

About the songs, I'm sure over time I'll try them. I first have a new puzzle to solve. In our test we used a pré amp, or actually BYRTT's headphone amp. It needed quite a bit of gain to get to similar levels as the Pioneer. In the end it seems my old Pioneer, belonging to an ancient breed, was limited in it's input voltage and now I need to re-balance everything again but try to avoid clipping it somewhere.
I'm getting close to being confidence enough to fire it up, but not this weekend. I'm not experimenting with the family around :D.

I know you are not there right now, but I really love my NuPrime MCH-K38.

They say they have a class A sound and architecture with a class D efficiency.

Regardless how they built it, it has a wide open sound, meat on the bass, refined and detailed in the mids and higher.

And, at 8 channels, you will be able to run everything you want to add in your room, even bridging 2 outputs to give you a solid 400w for your pair of subs.

Plus, the price is reasonable.

You can check it out here, if you like:
MCH-K38 – NuPrime Audio

The Telos clone that's staying here for a while longer (thanks koldby) is a 2x 300 watt into 8 ohm monster ;). I did not see an equivalent for that from Job, but haven't been looking that hard either (except for browsing trough current models on their site).
That Job line of amp looks like a good deal though, compared to regular Goldmund prices.
It (the Telos clone) really is a monster but it works remarkably well combined with my setup/room. I have no pré amp in between any more.
M1 Musical Fidelity DAC is feeding the amp directly.
Sub out will not be a problem in the near future, I have 8 channels to play with.