The Incredible Technics SP-10 Thread

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I asked Kent about this table, and his only correction is that it was made from Luan plywood, not Panzerholz. The Luan sounds better.

I am pretty sure the Wayne PSU hasn't been made public.

611882d1492393209-incredible-technics-sp-10-thread-l10108751.jpg

Shipping Bracket plans ?

Does anyone know where I can find a template for the SP-10 Shipping bracket ?
I need to have one shipped and need to supply the bracket.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could email me one or point me in the right direction.
I tried the usual websites devoted to the SP-10 but so far no joy.

Thanks all

Skip: Thanks for pointing it out. I looked right at it and did not see it. My brain was thinking Shipping Template and did not see Motor Clamping Plate. My wife calls this looking like a man. You know when you are standing in front of the open refrigerator asking where is the Mustard and she walks up and points to it right in front of you.

Bon: Thanks for the feedback on the Ebay one. I saw it but too expensive for something I would use once.

JP.
I was thinking tape would be a good idea. and think this is how I will go. Some Blue masking tape so that it comes off without a bunch of adhesive residue. Worst case is nothing a little goo gone can't handle.

I received the balls from Boca Bearings.:cool: I'm now waiting for the Torlon thrust bearing cap.

To reassemble the whole thing, I just have to place the ball on the bushing and screw the cap, that will push the ball in place, that's it?

What is best way to put oil in the bearing? Should I put a few drop in it before inserting the axle and continue to fill using the small hole?

I just finished to recap the turntable and the PSU but I dont't have an oscilloscope to check the PLL settings.:xeye:
I checked the speeds with my Keystrobe, the Dr Feickert strobe disc and a home-printed 300Hz strobe disc. Everything seems to be OK for 33.3 and 45rpm (I don't have 78rpm strobe disc- neither 78rpm records:p).
Do you think I really need to find a scope somewhere? Is it possible that the turns at the rights speeds with bad PLL settings?

Last edited:
Front panel switch, Technics TT

Dave - There is a power switch on the mains at the IEC, so the regulators are all up and stable,

and the front panel switch engages the relays (simultaneously) to energize the TT.
Poli - Thanks! I am very interested in the results as well! :)

Hi there: Retrieved my Technics TT from storage several years ago, spun some disks, operates fine. However, later the front panel switch stopped operating, in the on position, so I've just used an external AC switch . Seeing this thread, I'd like to ask if anyone has encountered this situation, can recommend repair/part, and source. Thanks, regards, Michael

Last edited:
I just finished to recap the turntable and the PSU but I dont't have an oscilloscope to check the PLL settings.:xeye:
I checked the speeds with my Keystrobe, the Dr Feickert strobe disc and a home-printed 300Hz strobe disc. Everything seems to be OK for 33.3 and 45rpm (I don't have 78rpm strobe disc- neither 78rpm records:p).
Do you think I really need to find a scope somewhere? Is it possible that the turns at the rights speeds with bad PLL settings?

The PLL adjustment sets the phase relationship of the PLL - it has no bearing on speed. If it's not overshooting lock or falling out of lock with light load on the platter, I'd leave it alone.

Hi there: Retrieved my Technics TT from storage several years ago, spun some disks, operates fine. However, later the front panel switch stopped operating, in the on position, so I've just used an external AC switch . Seeing this thread, I'd like to ask if anyone has encountered this situation, can recommend repair/part, and source. Thanks, regards, Michael

Have you tested the switch?

The PLL adjustment sets the phase relationship of the PLL - it has no bearing on speed. If it's not overshooting lock or falling out of lock with light load on the platter, I'd leave it alone.

OK. As there are different settings for each speed, I thought they have a role in setting it.

Well, I tried to put some load on the platter. I started with a stacked records and finished with a 1,8kg load. The turntable had no problem to start and maintain the rights speeds. I didn't check for a long time as I was not sure the bearing was happy to support such a load, but during the 5 minutes of the test, everything was OK.