The food thread

One thing I've developed a fondness for since moving to the UK is Cream Tea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_tea) and therefor clotted cream (55% fat).
Although as a European immigrant I take a Cream Tea with coffee. ;-)

Other than that I use double cream (48%) whenever a recipe calls for cream/whipped cream.
Embrace the fat I say, that's where the flavour is...

a cream tea, with coffee, same here! But where I come from (Devon) it would be scone, clotted cream topped with strawberry jam, whereas in Cornwall it would be scone, jam topped with clotted cream :eek:, go figure.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
a cream tea, with coffee, same here! But where I come from (Devon) it would be scone, clotted cream topped with strawberry jam, whereas in Cornwall it would be scone, jam topped with clotted cream :eek:, go figure.
This is gold. I always preferred the cream first (to the occasional dismay of others), to me the choice is simple. We call it a Devonshire tea here so I'm up on a technicality. Glad to hear you like it with coffee too ;)

That explains a lot!

When we were on holiday in Cornwall I thought I got the dirty looks from the locals because of the coffee thing.

At home I play fast&loose with tradition and have been known to use raspberry instead of strawberry jam or my personal favourite: elderberry jelly!

re: pectin

Combined with fiber reinforcement, the active ingredient of various bandages/dressings which protect skin against moisture damage.
After a 10-day coma loa, I needed one for a rear end with pressure sore/necrosis, left a scar like I had it on with an elephant power cord.
Due to the distinctive color of such dressings, the pro slang name here is cheese-slice :clown:

Turkey for Sunday night.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 150