The food thread

jacco vermeulen;3500169 (* most Asians have a gene coding that turns them tomato after a few beers said:
People from areas that suffered from the plagues of the middle ages seem to have genetically coded higher tolerance.

By the way, the restaurant chain "TGIF" in NJ has been accused of watering the hooch with iso-propyl alcohol. In yesterday's paper of record

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
People from areas that suffered from the plagues of the middle ages seem to have genetically coded higher tolerance.
Not only that I'd venture to say (no proof) that we need, or we crave for, some amount of poison. Yes, Europe is sick. South American immigrants (Indian variety) do look healthier to me, more simple creatures as well. More hair too :).We are sick, devilish individuals in comparison. Let's toast to that, haha.

Last edited:

By the way, the restaurant chain "TGIF" in NJ has been accused of watering the hooch with iso-propyl alcohol. In yesterday's paper of record

Undercover Operation Swill, I love it. In Wisconsin all empties must be smashed (at least when I rode the garbage wagon). People keep trying to tell me I miss that job.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Not only that I'd venture to say (no proof) that we need, or we crave for, some amount of poison. Yes, Europe is sick. South American immigrants (Indian variety) do look healthier to me, more simple creatures as well. More hair too :).We are sick, devilish individuals in comparison. Let's toast to that, haha.

Tell me about it! I am part Spanish, maybe some Scot, with a good shot of Central American Indian thrown in together. Some days I want to sit and quietly tend to my garden of beans and corn, the next, I want to get drunk, and invade my neighbors property and declare myself king! :D

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Tell me about it! I am part Spanish, maybe some Scot, with a good shot of Central American Indian thrown in together. Some days I want to sit and quietly tend to my garden of beans and corn, the next, I want to get drunk, and invade my neighbors property and declare myself king! :D

I grow aphrodisiacs in my garden. Told you I was sick. No mixing. 100% sick. Haha. You see, that's the laughter of the devil.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
BTW, speaking of corn...

Hope you guys don't lose your appetite. Being gross lately.

Attachments

• haha.jpg
    haha.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 92
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It will not surprise you to learn that Scott and I originally met via a wine and food forum, not an electronics one! Our first face-to-face was, if memory serves, at a legendary but now departed SF-area restaurant, famous for having its diners always leaving hungry. Much sake was drunk.

Yes, when you once posted your hearty endorsement of tipo 00 flour for your pizza dough, I was definitely :confused: as it was Pillsbury all the way for me, baby! :eek:

That must have been a helluva a first meeting. :D

OK, I was curious.

GourmetShopper*::*Herbie's Spices*::*Herbs & Spices (N-R)*::*RAS EL HANOUT 40g

Looks too spicy to me. I think I'll stick with what I have.

Heat is not so much the Moroccan thing. You would be surprised after all Spanish cuisine owes a lot to the Moorish influence via North Africa. If you can find a remaindered copy of Paula Wolfert's first Moroccan cookbook, you will get an idea of the authentic artice. It was from the 70's when all the illegal ingredients were still in use. I bought it when I was obsessed with authenticity (Diane Kennedy's Mexican one is another example), these are recipies you really can't cook at home, but the adaptations can be great.

Last edited:
Great thread!
Just found...

Some ideas:

1) I am a fan of cilantro leaves to spice all kind of hot soups, especially the "cazuela" made from every kind of meats, from pork to lamb, not forgetting turkey...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cazuela

2) Recently I had, at last, the opportunity of tasting Wayoo meat, at reduced prices, thanks to an aborted project to export to Japan... :lickface:

3) Finally, a motion not to forgive one of the most neglected of vegetables: the eggplant. My grandmother named something that sounded to me as "ashish el'mashe" to the arabian version of the filled eggplant recipe, which cooks in its own oil on the oven. Originally filled with chopped lamb and chopped onions, can accept also rice and beef. :lickface:

Cheers,
M.

Last edited: