The food thread

The Giant Pacific Octopus, when quite small, will sometimes wrap its naughty little tentacles around your live herring bait and ride its way right up and into your boat. Mmmm...delicious when so fresh. I usually just bite off a couple tentacles and toss him back in where he will regrow them in short order. It's kind kind of like selective logging. :)

The Giant Pacific Octopus, when quite small, will sometimes wrap its naughty little tentacles around your live herring bait and ride its way right up and into your boat. Mmmm...delicious when so fresh. I usually just bite off a couple tentacles and toss him back in where he will regrow them in short order. It's kind kind of like selective logging. :)

Have you considered joining PETA?

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Rhubarb Crumble... now you are talking my language. Proper pudding not some namby dessert :). Turns out I have been making crisp for the last 20 years without knowing it as my go to recipe book suggests half flour half oats but didn't mention the name 'crisp'.

My Brother in law has a Rhubarb plant in his new house. I went there too late this year to get much and just made a simple fool for myself but I do like crumble when supplies are good.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Posset does that for me. Once you have kids Posset* becomes very unappetising...

On which vein, why is Eaton mess not called 'oh crap the meringue broke' :p

*For those lucky enough not to have had a baby puke all over them 'posset' is the polite term for baby sick as well as a delicate lemony dessert of similar consistency.

Pretty close however you 'slice' it.

tartare sliced by knife (skillfully) makes a big difference to tossing steak in a meat grinder

Best flavor choice for tartare is chuck tender*, piece of meat that is located at the shoulder

*goes by the name Jew hare (aka fillet) here, Jewish folks are not allowed to eat regular steak, the backside of a cow is off-limits. (all the more Picanha for Goy)

Last edited: