The food thread

This is where traffic was stopped for three miles on Highway 81 going through Virginia. There were three wrecks in as few miles.

Attachments

• 20171122_143607.jpg
    20171122_143607.jpg
    942.4 KB · Views: 93
Daniel, I'm about 6 hours away. What time is dinner?
Also I have to ask. Do you mean the original short ribs or what the Maui/Korean/whatever thin cut they call it today is?
I may have to pick up your message on the way to the airport, thank god I pre packed for Costa Rica. This is going to be easy. See you in a bit. I need a ride from the airport.

Pumpkin doesn't ring my papillae bell, with one single exception.

Arepa di Pampuna- Curacao – All Those In Flavor

Standard recipe is without the vanilla, plain flour and a couple of raisins added.
Available on every corner at the island, things I'm in the mood for any time of the day or night.
(then again, I'm not able to visit a Chinese store without swallowing a few baked char siu bao buns on the exit)

Daniel, I'm about 6 hours away. What time is dinner?
Also I have to ask. Do you mean the original short ribs or what the Maui/Korean/whatever thin cut they call it today is?
I may have to pick up your message on the way to the airport, thank god I pre packed for Costa Rica. This is going to be easy. See you in a bit. I need a ride from the airport.

I didn't hear the knock -- are you lost?

These are a bit longer "short rib" but they definitely came from our local Korean store. Sous vide'd with a bit of S&P, splash of Worchestershire and soy sauces. Simple affair of brown rice pilaf and broccoli to complement.

Time to go figure out a reduction from the jus, too. ;)

Here's the carnage.

They were about 2" thick, but yes looked like Maui ribs. So good!

Edit, we took the fat and sealed it up in a bag with a piece of elk brought down by my neighbor. Will be sous vide confit. ;-) I can hear Scott protesting from here, haha.

Attachments

• IMG_20171202_195444-01.jpeg
    IMG_20171202_195444-01.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Here's the carnage.

They were about 2" thick, but yes looked like Maui ribs. So good!

Edit, we took the fat and sealed it up in a bag with a piece of elk brought down by my neighbor. Will be sous vide confit. ;-) I can hear Scott protesting from here, haha.

From what I hear elk needs the sous vide. My daughter left me hers so I think I'll join the crowd and give it a try.