The food thread

What a difference a coast makes.

Dragonflies around here are great to look at and tend to keep their distance.
Here they hover above and beside you to catch what's coming to the party.
Wasps tend to hive around old buildings and also do that live and let live bit.
Here they fly right onto your plate.
Sorry crows tend to be kept in check by the resurgent hawks. Truly manificent birds.
Crows run the hawks outta town on sheer numbers. Dive bombing them from behind in such a way as you can hear the fear in the hawk screeching as it tries to escape.

Here's from Youtube: Crows circling and attacking a hawk - YouTube

I got my pelmeni today!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 86
Yes, loose bits of baby crow. :)

Since this is a food thread, time to eat crow.

I think they really served that instead of chicken in middle school! (Based on the terrible taste.) Of course the standard was on days they served turkey the usual pigeons were not to be found hanging around the school!

Oh and went to a picnic yesterday. Music, too much food, interesting folks, but of course I was the oldest guy there!

No ants, birds, etc. Or at least my vision is bad enough I didn't see any.

Propably beef, but more likely beef/pork.

We buy them frozen from Polish shops here in the UK.

Very popular with the Russian (e.g. my wife!) diaspora. Made from 50:50 Pork and Beef with whole black peppercorns inside.

We serve in a strong beef broth with Smetana (sour cream.)

Add black rye bread, sliced dill pickled cucumber and a good vodka and your there!

Been awfully busy these days so not a lot of kitchen fun happening but tonight I'ma gonna take some time for myself.
We have sliced beef for a future fondue, Pho or Shabu Shabu.
We have Uterus for tonight done 5 spice style and the pig skin for snacking. I think I will be using all 4 ovens to do the cracklin'.

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 96
Here they fly right onto your plate.
Crows run the hawks outta town on sheer numbers. Dive bombing them from behind in such a way as you can hear the fear in the hawk screeching as it tries to escape.
[/url]
They don't always escape.
Some years ago while walking my dog I saw 3 crows harassing a hawk in my local park.
They wouldn't let the hawk rest at all but eventually he perched high up on a tree. Two of the crows perched either side of the hawk and kept pecking at it until it died and fell off.
The hawk's fear-filled screeches got weaker as exhaustion set in.
Not an easily forgettable experience.