The food thread

My introduction to soursop was 10 years ago when my then girlfriend, now Mrs. Weldon said hey, wanna try? I was hooked, for more than one reason. ;)

I was already our honeymoon.;)

Question, is chinese red spinach (I think it's called rau den in Vietnamese) readily available in your markets? And a favor, the fresh greens are sold without labels at our best Asian market, if I sent a few pictures after my next trip could your wife take a shot at ID'ing them?

Sure she could Scott. Interesting thing though, many of the veggies here are renamed or incorrectly identified in our markets.

Example:
The Korean name for napa cabbage is baechu (Hangul: 배추). ... Regionally, it is also known as sui choy, and celery cabbage. In the United Kingdom this vegetable is known as Chinese leaf, in New Zealand as wong bok or won bok, and in the Philippines as wombok or pechay baguio.

Rau dền is available here I believe. I will confirm with Mrs. Weldon.

EDIT: Yes at one of the local markets. Next time there, I will get some. How do you like to prepare it? Nowadays we do a lot of Gomae style.

Scott, I was at Hen Long market today. In the past, I failed to notice, this place specializes in every leafy and other plant matter known to man. If someone has eaten it without dying, you will find it here. The Yin choy was in abundance. I grabbed the smallest bunch I could find.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 68
The corned beef I posted earlier finally made it to the table. We didn't celebrate St Patrick's Day -- it was enchiladas and margaritas for dinner followed by a Motown Tribute. The leftover corned beef and potatoes will get turned into hash later today with maybe a sandwich before bedtime. :cloud9:

Attachments

• CB.jpg
    CB.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 75
and is real estate reasonable, interesting local cuisine or restaurants?

The Indian Tourism Ministry asked states to identify and barricade ‘selfie danger’ areas, its first national attempt to deal with the selfie deaths. Mumbai police identified at least 16 danger zones after a man drowned attempting to save a selfie-taker.[6] No-selfie zones were also established in certain areas of the Kumbh Mela because organizers feared bottlenecks caused by selfie-takers could spark stampedes.